The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

#1501 Checking in and saying hi

My name is Cory. I just recently totaled my WRX and ended up with a Galant VR4. I owned a couple of 1gs before the GVR4, so I'm not new to DSMs. We go to the EVO/DSM shootout every year, so any who goes next year keep a lookout for us. We had the galant there this last year. Anyways, onto some pics

GSX_TC

Lol omg..

Last edited:

GIjoe

Nice car. I like your valvecover.

jnava

Staff member
Welcome and nice rims, btw what year was your wrx?

LIV4PSI

Cory, the OP, is my little brother. The wheels are stock 2000 Nissan Sentra rims. He had a 2002 WRX, made 325whp before it died.

LIV4PSI

IMG_20110429_140222.jpg

Quoting GIjoe:
Nice car. I like your valvecover.

Me too.

Quoting boostedoHIo:
My name is Cory. I just recently totaled my WRX and ended up with a Galant VR4.

I am glad that you are ok, but all of this is for the best. Mitsubishi FTW.

Quoting turbowop:
1051 backwards.

My first thought also.

LIV4PSI

Might as well post this one up here as well. Hope I never see the Galant this way

IMG_20110429_135939.jpg

GSX_TC

dammm

LIV4PSI

Yeah, he hit pretty hard. His own fault and liabiltiy insurance, definately a lesson learned the hard way.

P.S. I was glad to hear you made it home from Norwalk okay. I'm Craig, the one with the black STI

GSX_TC

Thanks man, it was indeed a journey, but so worth it.

JCorbo25

Looks very clean and should be a blast

LIV4PSI

Anyone know if I can use an A.C.T. clutch disc with a SPEC pressure plate? The car currently has a SPEC clutch kit, but the disc needs replaced due to a oil pan leak that covered it. I always run A.C.T. clutches so I would like to stick with what I know works. Plus the street disc is cheaper than a SPEC replacement disc.

On a related side not, we just installed some Torque Solution driveshaft bushings this week. The car feels so much better. To say the stock bushings were worn out would be a major understatement. Only paid $40 for AWD Motorsports.

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

I found a picture of the car from right after we bought it floating around in my photobucket album. 100% bone stock except wore out KYB AGXs with Eibach springs. I need to post of a pic of the engine bay when we bought it. It was nasty.

PART_1302931234275.jpg

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

So I just officially bought the car from my little brother. He missed his Subaru too much, and is back in a WRX. I have big plans for the car in the next few months.

-DSM 4 bolt rear end with 5 lug hubs
-Coil on plug ignition
-new rims and tires
-new front rotors and pads
-Pulling drivetrain to put in a new clutch disc, fix a few last random oil leaks and a broken water pump bolt.
-EVO ecu running in speed density

I already have the 4 bolt/hubs and rims, plus alot of other random parts. I want to replace all the bushing and other wear items, and take it apart and paint it. So that has been my hold up. Plus I wanted to finish up the setup on my STI I have been working on for a few years, before I started major surgery on the Galant. I need to do some cleaning in the garage as well.

Anyways, just wanted to share my excitement of the car finally being mine. You guys will be hearing alot more from me now. I'm bored with my Subaru and ready to dive in wallet first on the GVR4.

Last edited:

AnotherNewb

Quote:
...ready to dive in wallet first on the GVR4

My first thought:

ducktales.jpg

LIV4PSI

watch behind you - there's a stranger out to find you
What to do? Just grab onto some Duck Tales, woo-oo!

I used to watch that show all the time when I was a kid.

Last edited:

LIV4PSI

The ones in the first pics? They are off of a 2000 Nissan Sentra SE. My friend Mark painted them Summit White.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts