The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Well i Figured i'd share a lil bit of my project's with ya!

I used to have 1036/2000 That some of you know by..
Well it turned out to be to big of a nightmare to put back together with the front cut up.
so I sold it.

Well i just happened to get the 92 Kensington Grey.( unknown badge) for a Turbo to my buddy.
only had a bad motor..Compression was Horrible 130-40-10-30 HAHAHA.
So that's when i decided to redo everything i can.
Engine wiring was a nightmare as well, you will tell in the pics below.
Oh and it's came from a previous member from here, it's got the Galant.org on the side windows.

Next up is my 91 Summit White. (unknown badge )
I got it from another buddy shortly after I got the 92.
I kinda screwed myself on it, But Galant's are a weakness for me.
I traded a 95 VW golf VR6 for it.
there's a few headaches with this car, but I was just gonna use it as a part's car and decided not to.

This post will be mostly for the 92.

I guess here come's alot of photo's..

Here's the 92.

Future plan's for the 92 Kensington Grey.

COMPLETE rebuild.
I'm not sure on the spec's on all the part's i wanna do.

i'm gonna do 50. over,
FMIC,
Bigger turbo.
Rebuild Tran's.
It's already got Four bolt Rear.
Five Lug swap.

I will update as time Comes.

The 91, I'm gonna use it as a Daily Driver, until another car is found.
Then a rally build will come for it..But only Rally at a buddy's property in the woods! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jepherz

Staff member
Nice work! Just a helpful hint, those solder joints look pretty cold to me. Make sure you're actually getting the solder to flow into the joints; it should be shiney too when they are done. Maybe you're using dirty equipment and contamination is a problem too.

Yea it's my first time soldering wire's ever..I'll only get better the more wire's I do and just about every end needs it. Better then speaker wire and the stuff they was using! But I'll try to coat em better!

Thanks for the tip!

RedTwo

Quoting black91GVR4:
Yea it's my first time soldering wire's ever..I'll only get better the more wire's I do and just about every end needs it. Better then speaker wire and the stuff they was using! But I'll try to coat em better!

Thanks for the tip!

I've got two left feet when it comes to soldering /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif
Don't let out the magic smoke!

Hahaha, It'd just be much easier if people hacked the wires in the correct way..

maroonmetallic

That picture of the '92 looks like nile black, not kensington gray, just an FYI.

-Shawn

But it's not : )

That's what you call a bad Camera phone!

It's def. Kensington grey, I've already owned a NB.

Well I guess I'll update a lil bit.
I really haven't had time to touch my Project car to much..but at the beginning of the year,
I'll be toying with it alot more..

I cut out the Power steering bottle holder, Being that I'm not gonna run PS..So i'm going fill the holes in and clean it up.

Cleaning up the Subframe a lil before i pull it out for the non PS Rack.

I know this might be lame..But i'm changing the fuse's to these one's Cause it's easy to tell if thier blown/and i like the Pastel color ha.

Btw here's a few from when i picked it up that i found..

Here's a few of the daily driver..

Four wheeler hauler..i know i shouldn't do this but i did.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Here's a pic of 1036 leaving my house... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif
And here's what i built it too..

And here's when owner of Revhard In Rock Island IL built it.

Diego

I remember this car, I bought my transmission from the previous owner to this car..me and my lady drove up that way during Valentines day a couple years back, while living in Iowa.

Diego

So your telling me all those pics is my old galant? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif
or just the seats?

If so holy crap! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jawdrop.gif

Diego, i sure hope it was the trans while it was running, because the one that was suppose to come with it was trashed!..

Galantvr4559,

That wire loom suck's but i'm almost done with it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif, Yeah the that's the only way i could get it hope /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif ..

as for 1036..After all the time of storing it, and building it.. then moving i really didn't have time for it anymore, I was
so close to finishing her up..FMIC pipe was the only thing setting me back from driving it..But none of the shops around here really cared
to do it for me.. and they wanted to charge an arm and a leg.. so i let it go cheap and moved on.. But the biggest issue with was the Front
radiator support was cut out and hacked horribly..But now i wish i would have kept it with these two because that would have been one badass machine...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned