The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

data logger ?

i have a old palm treo and a older dell palm pilot would either one of those work for a data logger

524of1000

most likely, You'll still need the cable. Software can be had cheap/free I'm sure.

jnava

Staff member
Last edited:

where would i get a cable for either one, or can i make one and if so how. also how do u download the program to either one

DR1665

Just so you know, for about $20-$30, you can get the cable and bits to connect a modern laptop to the car via USB to do you logging.

My setup is the TMO(? - TechnoMotive) logger software running on my Dell Mini 10 netbook. I have the typical DSM logger cable (powered version, with the extra spade terminal), a null modem adapter ($10?), and the Keyspan serial/USB adapter ($20?). Works like a charm.

IMG-20111113-00510-495x371.jpg

Good luck. I had a Palm once upon a time. Seemed like every time I needed it, the batteries were dead and I'd have to go to the trouble of recharging and reloading software. Sold that damn thing 11 years ago. TMO on a netbook is super nice.

can u post links where i can buy everything and or download the thing i need except for the computer because i have and older laptop in mind for this projects now that i think about it i just thought a palm would be smaller since i have 2 and an abundant supply of rechargeable batteries

DR1665

OK so i understand i wire half to the obd1 port and one wire to a fuse but what pins do i put the other end of the wires on for the serial 1 port for use on a PC.

BpuVR4

obviously this is an old thread, are there any sites that allow direct download to laptop for datalogger software?

tektic

Tuner pro has a logger with free download for their software.

Search for tmo logger. Its still floating around too.

BpuVR4

thanks tektic. so if i have tunerpro loaded up, will it start logging as soon as i plug the diag plug?

tektic

Almost, but no. It's a little more involved than that. Best if you read the instructions.

dsmecu.com has lots of info on advanced rom tuning and a knowledgeable group of guys.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts