The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

BOV question!

xaisomboun

So 313 came with a Garage Modded BOV right..

So what Im reading about this mod is that it allows you to choose from fast mode or slow mode?
Whats the difference between the two? Which one would be more suited for 16 psi?

Right now on the 2nd nippled towards the bottom of the BOV, its hooked to a boost source and the BOV works a regular PSHHH sound.

But when I disconnect the boost line to this nipple, plug up that boost source, I believe I get whats called BOV flutter, where it makes a PSHH and a slowly degrading chatter sound. Is this bad?? I've been searching all over the internet and getting mixed descriptions on this Flutter subject.

I know that if you get flutter under WOT, it is extremely bad, and I read that if you get a degrading pitched flutter off throttle, its the BOV opening and closing like a bouncing ball..

I guess this is kind of a 2 question thread lolol.. but I want to know the truth about BOV flutter and this slow/fast mode garage mod thing.

OMFGeofffff

Well there's "flutter" and then theres copmressor surge. Sorry I can't really explain further since I don't know the specifics.

Diego

559 has a Garage Mod BOV, the flutter you could be hearing is the spring/piston actuating inside the diaphragm.

He doesn't get compressor surge.

SleepinGVR4

The vacuum lines should be hooked up to a ingersoll rand Pressure Switching Solenoid which switches by itself between high and low boots by switching where it gets vacuum from by how much boost it sees. Or something like that.

Read this...

web page

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts