The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Whats better, a Clyclone manifold or a non cyclone manifold??

kaptainballistik

Well, Ive got a rallycar

With EVO8 MR cams (almost identical to the Kelford rally Grinds..) small 16g with 34 mm restrictor and a SMC Autronic.. And an ex works Dumppipe! I dont run antilag.

Does anyone have an idea which manifold works the best ?, the car has a Cyclone but I have a EVO 0 manifold in the shed... Im after midrange ( arent we all....)

Brunoboy

cyclone manifold is better for low end with minimal top end loss. its Also good if you have a Big turbo and need the low end.

DR1665

Another rallyista? EXCELLENT!

We never got the Cyclone mani here in the US, but a rally buddy and I have managed to track a couple-three down for our cars. Haven't installed them yet, but our research suggests they're good for a decent chunk of low- to mid-range. We plan on running them on two GVR4s and an Evo II.

The restrictor helps out with the torque because it accelerates the intake charge at lower engine speeds, but as you know, above 5000rpm or so, the restrictor pretty much kills all the top end. Once the intake goes supersonic, there's really not much you can do about it short of increasing diameter, which the lawyers won't let us do.

Benefit to the Cyclone is the primaries are smaller - and longer - helping to accelerate the intake charge all the way to the combustion chamber in lower RPM. Once the turbo comes online, the butterflies open, almost doubling the volume of the runners, and providing a shortcut, resulting in maximum flow for the manifold.

Hope this helps, mate. (And now I'm going to start looking into these Evo 8 MR cams. Had my eyes on a set of those Kelfords for years.)

Cheers.

Chase

Good info, Im way to lazy to install mine though haha, Im going to get rid of it.

DR1665

Doh! We meet again!

This guy is actually a buddy of mine from Facebook. He posted some updates over the weekend and seemed very impressed with the low end on his 4G63 with the Evo 8 MR camps and Cyclone intake manifold. Based on his account, I can't wait to get mine installed and setup.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts