The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

e85 or link problem

yeti

Ok so i did the maf comb and either i messed up somewhere really bad or the e85 is starting to free stuff and clog my tank

When i go to get on it at about 4500 rpms (doesent really matter what rpm's more about load) only when im in boost the rpms will drop to zero then back to where i was at the check engine light turns on for a second the turns off,i get a backfire and ecmlink forces the log to stop capturing as soon as it happends. Heres a pull of it happening and the log shuts down right before the rpms drop at first i thought it was fuel cut but my IDC is only at 50% my load factor is only at 1.70 my maf raw is only at 1100 so im thinking its clogging my tank or , my ecu is starting to fry some how or the eprom chip is popping out.

click

4nmscle

Do you get link issues? Does ECM link see the ecu or does it disconnect?

yeti

Quoting toybreaker:
karma?

Sure.

Ya the ecu disconnects from link and i have to reload then start logging again.
is the ecu shitting out on bigger load because it has to work harder?

Last edited:

yeti

ok so i think it was the horrible template i used from maf comp because i straightened everything out and it doesent happen anymore i think the car was stalling and then immediately bump starting so that's why i would stop logging....

click

new log at bottom of page

yeti

I forgot that ecmlink will stay logging for 30 seconds so this is definately an ecu problem nothing has happened like that since I adjusted airflow I'm confused I geuss my ecu is slowly shitting out

beaner

Do you have a wot 3rd or 4th gear pull logged? What psi boost are you running? What maf?

yeti

OK so...

My air can was grounding out on my positive terminal for my fuse's, im geussing that was turning ecmlink off and all the other stupid stuff..

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts