The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

just a few questions

ok well i would like to start by asking if there is anyone out there that make any type of roll bar setup for 91 vr4's. also will a dejon powerhouse upper and lower ic piping work for the vr4 engine bay?, i wasnt sure but i figured it would i just wanted to ask before i got myself in really deep,and also i was wondering what a good and farily easy to use tunning software would be, i have somewhat looked into ecmlink but i dont fell like its the right way to go

GSX_TC

ECMlink ver 3 is the best way to go buddy, it'll allow you to control boost, tune all u want, run speed density, And it's very user friendly so you can get lots of help with it from lots of members that have it aswell.

with ecm link v3, can i run a goose neck and just tune like that also?, and im looking into getting dejon tools intake piping, will it work on the vr4, and if it does what size should i get

GSX_TC

what size kinda depends on what kinda power and what your going to be doing with the car, generally people usually get 2.5 inch piping but 3 inch is good too.

I wanted to try and pull 500+ if i could out of it, is there anyone that make any typer of roll bar/roll cage. and would it be better if i got a dejon intake kit basically, or just get a universal ic piping kit?

GSX_TC

That ETS kit is good enough for that kinda power, and this guy click makes a sweet harness bar for our cars.

Diego

Quoting mcvay989:
I wanted to try and pull 500+ if i could out of it, is there anyone that make any typer of roll bar/roll cage. and would it be better if i got a dejon intake kit basically, or just get a universal ic piping kit?

500awhp is not hard to achieve with know-how and the money. A lot more then a roll bar and a intake pipe will give you, what are your plans and your current setup?

I have 2 dejon tool intake pipes, so yes they fit, your battery will need relocated though for it to fit.

A universal kit is a good way to go, some do well others are weak an crush under pressure of the clamps.

ETS does make a good kit as well, and I'm sure if you were to contact them personally, I bet they would sell just the piping if that is all you need and not the core.

/Diego

omertaitalia

cusco used to make a complete pre fab bolt in roll cage, its been discontinued though. keep your eyes out they come up for sale every once in a while

DR1665

Pre-fab roll cages for these cars are pretty rare. The only place I've ever seen them is listed used in the UK. Not exactly the sort of thing you want to have shipped overseas. Best bet is to get familiar with the rule book for whatever sanctioning body you intend to compete in and see if you can't find a decent fab shop in your town to piece it together for you. A good idea might be to ask some of the locals who are already doing the kind of racing you'd like to do where they go, otherwise, hit up forums like 4X4wire and NASA to post some questions.

Shame you're not closer, our own kcpaz @ Precision Chassis Works is a damn artist when it comes to cages.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned