The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

wheels

boostedinaz

Are you talking about width or diameter? Off the shelf wheels or custom?

17*8 with a 35-38 offset seems to be the best over all size for a these cars. You can get wider but finding the correct offset will be critical. As far as diameter I think 17s look perfect 18s look to big and anything larger is just silly.

sy1100

This will start you in the right direction. click

As of right now i plan on running a 17x9 with a +30 offset with 255/47/17 tires it will more than likely stick out a little.

GSX_TC

I dont think 18's look too big, their a god size. I have 18's and they look perfect to me.

boostedinaz

Quoting GSX_TC:
I dont think 18's look too big, their a god size. I have 18's and they look perfect to me.

You also like your exhaust. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Sorry man I had to take the opportunity. I'm just bustin your balls.

Last edited:

GSX_TC

cmon man, again with the exhaust? you guys are horrible

LOL at the exhaust. Hey Mike, do you have coilovers? I have wheels picked out for my car, just wondering if coilvers give you a bunch more tire clearance.

GSX_TC

Nope i dont have coilovers yet. right now im just running KYB GR2's up front with AGX's in the rear lowered on Eibach Sportlines all round. but coilovers will give you more clearance though, you can get any height you want with those.

GSX_TC110.jpg

Sits nice. I'm prolly just gonna fab some coilovers on my car because I'm a weirdo about ride height. Plus my 2k wheels have to look perfect!

GSX_TC

yeah i cant wait to get coilovers. not sure im going to get BC's or Tein's. 2k dollar wheels? whacha gettin man TE37's or something?

Brunoboy

they make teins for our cars? I just received my BC's the other day and now am looking into getting TE-37V's.

fuel

Quoting GSX_TC:
cmon man, again with the exhaust? you guys are horrible

Not as horrible as your exhaust!

fuel

also coilovers may give you extra clearance as far as over-all rim/tyre height goes, but generally the spring perch and spring sits much lower and will give clearance issues on wider rims with too much positive offset.

GSX_TC

i thought they did? because they make them for the Eclipse's. Prob gonna go with BC anyways

cheekychimp

One thing I have learned through years of looking at thousands of photos of these cars (and just cars in particular) is how little things can completely change the way a vehicle looks.

No offence to anyone who has lowered their car but I think tucking the wheels up into the fender wells is very often what makes larger wheels look too big. Another thing is wheel colour. Dark coloured or black wheels will always look smaller than white or silver ones. I don't think my 18 inch black Compomotive MOs look a lot different to EVO 8 wheels and they fill the arches nicely without looking stupid. But I have always kept the fender lip at least an inch or two above the edge of the tyres on all my cars because I like the whole wheel to be visible in the arches.

F the TE37's they played out. I'm gonna get another set of CCW's for the Galant. 17x8 front and hopefully 9's in the rear.

SleepinGVR4

Quoting Zak:
F the TE37's they played out. I'm gonna get another set of CCW's for the Galant. 17x8 front and hopefully 9's in the rear.

You shut your mouth. TE37's are timeless

Ya. I'd like to have a little dish on the rears. I'll have to dig up a pic of my Capri with them on there. I'd use my current BBS RK's but 18x8.5 and 18x10 would be a tad too large for the Galant.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts