The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

What's your MPG???

vtecds1

I had about 1/8 or 1/4 left in my tank before I filled up the other night and the trip odo read 230.

Yao

I am at 24-26, roughly 370 a tank.

WaRrIoRs16

370 on a tank? Wow, I barely broke 250 the other day and the gauge was below empty. I don't remember how many gallons I put in, but that was my best ever of 22mpg on pump. Last time I checked I got 18mpg with 1/3 freeway & 2/3 city driving on E85, but I was driving conservative, very conservative.

GSX_TC

on the way to the Shootout this year, going cross country the best i got was 29.16 going through texas. thats with a/c off windows slightly cracked, off boost, and hot weather. Mods are EVO III 16g, 1g Rods, 2G pistons, Evo 8 Fuel pump, Full 3" Exhaust

thecman02

Best MPG I got was going to shoot out too. I got 26mpg on E85. I was excited. Normal daily driving I get atrocious mpgs. All city driving and it barely gets to operating temp before it gets shut down. That nets me 15mpg on weeks where I don't get road rage. Funny thing is in city driving I get withing a mpg of each other whether using 93 oct or e85.

*edit* I could probably get a pretty decent increase in mpg on pump if I played more with the timing, but I don't like getting that aggressive on pump.

Last edited:

WaRrIoRs16

Quoting GSX_TC:
on the way to the Shootout this year, going cross country the best i got was 29.16 going through texas. thats with a/c off windows slightly cracked, off boost, and hot weather. Mods are EVO III 16g, 1g Rods, 2G pistons, Evo 8 Fuel pump, Full 3" Exhaust

At what speed were you traveling at? I feel like I don't get much better fuel mileage when I'm on the 1 hr freeway drive to family, but I cruise at 80mph.

GSX_TC

about 70ish, when i would go 80ish i would get worse MPG like 26-28MPG

Brunoboy

what are you tuned on Mike?

GSX_TC

its not tuned, still on stock 450's with a stock 90 Non eprom ecu

Last edited:

Jesh

25mpg on average with a personal best of 29mpg. 90 octane.

Brunoboy

Why am I only getting 17-18 avg with 21 being best .

BluFalcon

I usually see around 19-20 with my car for highway/city. I think I get close to 25 on long trips, mostly highway speeds.

jepherz

Staff member
Quoting vtecds1:
I had about 1/8 or 1/4 left in my tank before I filled up the other night and the trip odo read 230.

That means basically nothing with how inaccurate our fuel gauges are and without knowing how full you filled you tank beforehand.

Some of you guys seem to get really good MPG. My stock car gets about 23-25 city/highway if I am lucky. I think I typically got around 25 mpg in my other with exhaust etc.

vtecds1

^^^^Guess I really don't know then.

thecman02

What's your longest trip? Trips are almost always going to net you better mpg. My best mostly highway mileage is only 23 on non long road trip driving.

GSX_TC

60-1 FTW /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif I love that turbo

IncorpoRatedX

28ish in the green one, 26 in the silver, averages from testing ive done.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts