The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Is there a difference between 1991+ intake manifold and 1990?

I have a 90 TB and intake manifold (and a lot of other '90 parts) on my VR4. I am switching the TB out for a '91 and want to know if there will be any issues attaching the '91TB to the '90IM. I only ask because I know that the 90/91 TBs are different.

Thanks in advance

boostedinaz

It will bolt on without issue.

codeofdastreets

All 1g intake manifolds are the same, 90 has a different throttle body with a different tps plug. 90 fuel rail is different from a 91-94 fuel rail also.

EgonOlsen

sorry for hijack but does that mean the 91 galant N/A intake manifold is also the same as the VR4 one?

Wizardawd

A N/A intake will be the same except it will be missing one vac. port. More specifically, the line that the bov line usually attaches to. But, that can always be t'd off of another port.

Wiz

mikus

considering the # of mani's out there I'd find one with the BOV port, you'll wish it was there at some point.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts