The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 927/1000

sy1100

Just a quick intro my name is Aaron and I will be picking up 927/1000 on the 27th. I'm not new to turbo cars/trucks or car forums, I own a 87 grand nation and a 91 Syclone, but this car is a completly different animal so I will have some "stoopid" questions from time to time but only after I have tried to "search for an anwser. The first stoopid ??'s is how wide of a rim and tire can be put on a GVR4, I'm not talking 20's but a great deal came up locally on a set of 255/40/17's they will have to go on a 17x8.5 rim. Is that possible on stock suspension? As i post this I running through the search but it a different than Im use to.

dammitjim

Congrats! Start with the FAQs at the top of the newbies forum, they will answer your tires question.

click

Post picks of the GN and the Syclone

sy1100

Damn! I missed that. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif I have no picks of the GN here are some of the Sy.

Last edited:

dammitjim

What does an average Syclone/Typhoon cost these days? Are they reasonably reliable?

sy1100

You can get a decent one for about 6k, thats with a rebuilt motor trans and other goodies.

dammitjim

$6k really isn't too bad. Those are going on my list.

Last edited:

minneSNOWta

I bet you are just itching to get the car. Welcome and good luck with the sale.

gramkrakr89

Welcome... my name is Aaron as well (I seem to be finding more and more Aarons of late, heh)... let me know if there's anything I can do to support a fellow Aaron

sy1100

yeah Im pretty excited to pick it up on Thursday, and if I need anything i will let you know for sure!!!

sy1100

Well drove 927 back to vegas yesterday with no problems. Now to get to work on something it needs, suspension, paint, interior, and possible trans maintanace, and ofcourse rims...

transparentdsm

oh man the trans really??? i did just do a 1g shifter mod. maybe take the console apart and see if you can adjust the shifter cables before going to a trans problem. i may have not gotten the car hot enough before tightening the bolts down because before the mod it shifted great after a 5 hour drive and that was 2 1/2 weeks ago, but after i installed the newer trans i had to readjust the cables 3 times to get them to not be hard to shift into gears. this newer shifter i only drove it maybe 40 minutes at a time and after that it sat for 2-4 hours before driving again and that was like 4 days and then you payed me so i stopped driving it. unless your hearing a noise or something and then i have no idea. let me know because i will try to help you out and if it is a trans problem i would like to help you pay to fix it because i didnt know there was a thing wrong with it and i dont want to be a bad seller, i love these cars and the people that love them are all really nice and the last thing i want is for someone to think im trying to hose you because the ad does say it is running perfect.

3O3EL0VR4

Welcome Aaron. My name is Elam, I am new to the forum as well. My friend has a white '91 Typhoon, those things are beastly!

Mother F why did I sell my Syclone???????

BTW, find me a decent Sy for 6k and I'll go to the bank tomorrow.

sy1100

Its mostly trying to get the clutch to engage fully, Im having to put my foot all the way to the floor and beyond to get it to engage. The suspension will need some attention right away, here is another noob question and Ill start searching for the info when I have time, but does/can the evo8-9 coilover's work on our cars?

Brunoboy

evo suspension can be modified to work with out car, btw sounds like your having disengagement issues not engagement issues. OEM Master and Slave Cylinders for the Hydraulic system works best I just found out.
-Shane

TRBODSM

Quoting sy1100:
Its mostly trying to get the clutch to engage fully, Im having to put my foot all the way to the floor and beyond to get it to engage. The suspension will need some attention right away, here is another noob question and Ill start searching for the info when I have time, but does/can the evo8-9 coilover's work on our cars?

Try adjusting the master cylinder. Jack has a video on how to properly adjust the master cylinder rod under the dash. Just search for the vid on YouTube.

asmo

Welcome to the forums, I have a 93 typhoon in my garage, it was my daily for last 3 yrs. It now needs a lot of little things done to get it road worthy again. I use my gvr4 as my daily it's mostly stock so its not as fast as the ty, but the gas mileage is alot better.
Id also say stay away from 6k sy's they are like $1500 galants, they'll need work.

sy1100

I drove my Sy for 17 years, it was the first car/truck I ever bought. I sold it last year for 5k and it needed a colplete motor rebuild, so yeah a 6k sy/ty will need some work. lol.

sy1100

At the dmv now registering the galant now, passed smog and vehicle inspection with no problems.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned