The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

front motor mount

i was looking at my front motor mount and its egg shaped. and the metal bushing is about 3/4 of the way to the bottom and i thought it was suposed to be centered and to top that it lok like the previous owner used window weld. ile add a pic as son as i figure out why my comp wont upload any

broxma

Step one. Find your broken/lost "Shift" key.

Sometimes when the rubber gets really old, repeated heat cycles, the position of the bushing will go down under the weight of the motor. My question is, when you say the mount is egg shaped, do you mean the metal circle, or the bushing? Either way it's fixable. You can make a delrin bushing out of layers of cutting board, with a hole drilled to allow the bushing to go through. If it's the metal outer part, you can probably heat it and hammer it back. If it breaks, cut it off, weld in a new one.

/brox

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned