The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

4 bolt lsd

Lukefraizer

So I have been searching and cant seem to find anything about it but what cars do the LSD's 4 bolts come out of. Didn't find anything on here or on the interweb.... its strange.... Any help or linc would be helpful!

Luke

raptorWagon

'92-94 DSMs (talons\eclipse\lasers). Did a quick search on google and found it.

fuel

JDM facelift 10.89 onwards E38A RS has a plate type mechanical 4 bolt LSD but no provision for 4WS. JDM Evolution E39A 05.90 onwards has 4 bolt viscous LSD and drive for 4WS pump.

Lukefraizer

Is the plate or viscous a better option for the swap? I am planning on getting rid of the 4ws.

PreskitVR4

Most of us here in the states only have experience with the viscous. However, speaking from the muscle car world plates are better. Don't see you getting hold of one of those, for a reasonable price anyway.

fuel

I would go plate over viscous for sure. Evo1-2-3 has plate type LSD too which you can use the LSD center from.

RedTwo

US Evos (at least the 8 did initially I believe) have plate/clutch/mechanical rear diffs. I don't think many people have ever tried to swap them into our cars. You could be the first /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned