The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

cleanly/ best vacuum routing

ok, i am close to finishing my new motor swap but this engine bays vacuum needs some help, the previous owner had some... nasty dumb stuff.
there are open lines and broken nipples on some of the sensors (i was a subaru guy im not sure what they all are just at glance) and split lines. id like the simplest vacuum routing i can find but i will have to drive it in the cold ive heard of some hard start issues? i am adding a boost gauge which i was planning to put between the fuel pressure reg and the manifold with a T, and a manual boost controller. i have found a few diagrams but some show the egr and some dont? im not sure if i need to block this, leave it alone, plug anything, whatever. im sorry for asking a question im sure has been addressed but im just curious what you guys find to be the best with these cars.
thank you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif

dammitjim

I'd be interested in learning more about the vacuum hose routing as well to verify my car is setup correctly. Is there a diagram or doc on this somewhere? Would it make sense to post pics of the engine bay and let people comment?

boosted_85

You can delete all the vacuum hoses dealing with emissions. You will only need one for the boost gauge/source, bov, brake booster and fpr.

img.php

would this work? if it doesnt load the pick the link i found is
click

jrschultz

The picture looks good, but mine is a little different. I read that you may have more boost spiking if you use the intake manifold source for the MBC. I used the fitting on the pipe coming off the turbo to connect to the MBC. This allowed me to use very short lines going to and coming from the MBC. So, my line from the intake manifold to the blow off valve does not have a "T" in it.

Galantvr4559

Ok so I have a question. What if im running a na tb and I only have 3 vaccum ports. What to do with them? But all my vaccum lines ate routed just like picture above.

WaRrIoRs16

Quoting theboyo19:

img.php

would this work? if it doesnt load the pick the link i found is
click

I thought the consensus was that we didn't want anything teed off our bov line.

T off the bov line is OK I just wouldn't t off the fpr. And you can just cap the ones off the NA TB ASAP FYI PDQ JK YW

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned