The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 544/1000

dammitjim

Hi, I picked up #544 the other day. It currently runs and drives and is in overall pretty good condition. The biggest problem right now is that the rear calipers are frozen. If anyone has a good pair please post or send a PM.

Mods list:
16g turbo
1g rods, 2g pistons
Balance shaft delete
Walbro fuel pump
2.5" turbo back exhaust
KYB AGX w/ Ground Control coilovers

Here's a quick pic of the car I took yesterday while working on a few things. I also have a couple questions hopefully you guys can help out with.

photo-700877.JPG

1. It's got the CD player, is it possible to swap in the EQ/input instead? I don't need the CD player and would like the aux input to play from an iPod.

2. What is the purpose of the small light above the temp gauge on the cluster?

3. edit: Found the fuse layout click

Neither power mirror works. I don't have a manual or fuse box cover to identify the fuse panel layout. Can someone tell me which fuse is for the mirrors or is there a link that shows the panel layout?

4. (Answered, PM if you have these parts FS) What goes in these empty spots below the steering wheel? Are there trim pieces missing, switches or ?

photo%2B1-723190.JPG

photo%2B2-725028.JPG

Last edited:

Okayplayer

I PM'd you about the rear calipers, I have a set. They whole you are asking about, there is just a filler panel in it's place normally. Same with under the steering wheel. I'll check on the fuse box set up.

KiNgMaRtY

Welcome. If it's anaftermarket CD player then you can use the aux. If its the stocker, you can use one of those radio transmitters

Last edited:

dammitjim

Quoting KiNgMaRtY:
Welcome. If it's anaftermarket CD player then you can use the aux. If its the stocker, you can use one of those radio transmitters

Isn't there a stock radio option that has an "input"? If there is and it's possible I'd like to lose the CD player and get a stock EQ/input thing.

A71 is sunroof, stock radio (EQ/input)
A72 is sunroof, CD
A81 is CD (no sunroof)
A87 is stock (EQ/input, no sunroof)

dammitjim

Quoting turbowop:
Dude! Did I recently sell you an RC speed control and motor on RCtech? Same username, same state... Small world if so.

Yeah the Castle stuff. It works great, thanks /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dammitjim

What is the purpose of the small light above the temp gauge on the cluster?

turbowop

There is no small light above the temp gauge, unless somebody installed one there. People put lights in various places for other aftermarket stuff. For example, I have an LED that lights up whenever my car starts spraying methanol.

dammitjim

This is what I'm looking at.
photo-728832.JPG

Anyone have experience with these cluster face stickers? Should I be able to pull that off without trashing the original gauge faces?

Diego

I've never seen such a hole. Going outside just to confirm.

dammitjim

I found this pic on the net, it looks like a peg for the speedometer needle goes there

7.jpg

maroonmetallic

You are right about the peg for the needle stop.
Also, if those are overlays on your gauges, let me know as I would probably buy them off of you.

Where in Neenah are you?
-Shawn

dammitjim

Hey Shawn, they look like overlays, if I decide to pull them I can hook you up. PM sent about Neenah.

dammitjim

Here's an interior pic of 544. The body and interior are are in great shape for a 20 year old midwest car. 99% of the Hondas from the early 90s around here are complete rust buckets. I'll post more exterior and engine pics when I get a chance to clean it up.

photo%2B3-725414.JPG

I dunno about the overlays.. I kinda like the classic late 80s early 90s feel of e39a..... I think that kinda takes away a little

dammitjim

Parts!
photo-773364.JPG

544 should actually drive normally after this weekend. Right now it's a bouncy, pulling bitch.

dammitjim

Quoting GSXCONVERT:
I dunno about the overlays.. I kinda like the classic late 80s early 90s feel of e39a..... I think that kinda takes away a little

I'm on the fence about the gauges. I prefer the stock 80/90s look as well, but the white faced pillar gauges look less out of place this way.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts