The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Vent circulation switch

vtecds1

I was wondering if any members here has had any problems with their vent circulation switch. I've noticed that once in a while my switch would move by itself especially when I'm going fast, like on a freeway. It will stay where I want it to when I'm cruising on low speed, but will change on me once I start driving 55+ for a long drive. Any fix on this?

Barnes

There is probably some slack in the system and the cables need to be adjusted. I'm pretty sure you can do that by just pulling the cable out of the metal gripper that holds it and move it the appropriate direction.

The flapper staying shut does not rely on cable testion however. The cable pulls a cam that manipulates the flapper. That cam has a special flat spot at the very end of the travel that effectively locks the flapper in place. If you cable isn't pulling 100%, the lock spot on the cam will not engage.

You'll probably have to pull your glove box out and get under the dash to see what is going on. The flapper you are interested in is under the dash on the far right on the top of the blower box.

GSX_TC

Mine does this about half the time too.

vtecds1

Thanks Barnes...will looks like I have another adventure on my hands.

vtecds1

^^^Thank you sir...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts