The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2.0 or 2.3

Vr4junkie

Ok so I got 385 in the drive way engine and tranny are out I'm still not sure which route I'm going to take either rebuilding my current block with 2g pistons. Or spending a little extra and building a 2.3 stroker ill end up using Manley stroker pistons and stock 1g rods and the 4g64 crank.. My HP goals are some were in the mid 300 and plan on stoping at the 400 range.

This is going to be a Weekend Warrior/autoX/weekend daily driver as for mods I'm going with a B16G turbo 2Gmainfold FMIC 660cc injector etc

Which motor will be best for my application??
And what kind of number can I extpect with the stroker
With those mods. let me know what u guys think

GSX_TC

you def dont need a 2.3 stroker to make the power your aiming for man. I'd recommend a tad bigger injector, Fuel Pump, a decent front Mount, E85 and DSMlink V3 with speed density.

Terry Posten

The stroker will give you lower rpm boost and much more torque down low and that is what you need for DD and autox.

High rpm power is perfect for the 2.0.

Vr4junkie

Ok I'm kind of leaning towards the 2.3 stroker doesn't seem to bad in the price range I need to get a crank anyways for my motor I cam get a 4g64 crank cheap and get Manley Stroker pistons for little under 500.

How will the 1G 6Bolt. Rods hold up with the stroker. Like max Hp limits??

GSX_TC

I would just get better rods while the motor is torn apart anyways, like pauter's or Eagle's. but if you really want to stick with 1g Rods, then atleast use ARP rod bolts on em

Vr4junkie

I do plan on using ARP studs and bolt all around how will the 1G rods hold up. What is the my safe limit for RPMs and Hp on 1G rods ??

GSX_TC

the rods will hold up fine for those power levels. its when you break the 400 plus range when things become questionable. when you go 2.3, you cant rev as high as you would with 2.0 so keep that in mind.

GSX_TC

he doesn't NEED E85 to make 400, but its WAY easier to make any power on E85 as opposed to pump gas.

GSX_TC

yeah over here in Cali the highest they have is 91. and E85 is everywhere around here.

Vr4junkie

What kind of power can I expect from a B16G 770cc injectors ,FMIC,2G manifold,3in Exhaust cut out and other supporting Mods on a stroker

GSX_TC

you can expect to make as much as that turbo can make, which is maxing out the volumetric efficiency of it with 365-385

Brunoboy

thats not true^ some people push limits higher than its written on paper.

GSX_TC

yeah but not everybody does otherwise every DSM and VR4 would be fast as hell. heres a vid of someone getting barely over 400 on an EVO III big 16g click

Vr4junkie

Nice 400 on a B16g so on a setup like mine I should expect High 300s

Brunoboy

Evo III 16gs flow more than your Big 16g. two totally different turbos.
-Shane

Vr4junkie

Ok I plan on getting an Evo3 16g should of been more specific.

GSX_TC

theres been quite a few EVO III 16g's for sale recently too man

Street Surgeon

IMO I'd stick with the tried and true 2.0l in your case. 2.3l's can be a bit of a tricky beast (cranks snapping, bolts backing themselves out, etc.) and again, IMO for a daily that you would like to get 3 to 400hp out of it's not necessary at all.

GSX_TC

^^^ Yep

jmorri15

i went to 2.3l to give me a better daily driver. the extra tq and lower spool will make normal driving easier. i had a greddy 18g that got milled out to a 20g and with 2.0 the 18g was a great street turbo but with the 2.3 it'll be awesome

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts