The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

2 step

Yao

I had msd-dis2 for studderbox, but recently it died. So I want to activate the ds-map studderbox. Quick question, I love the way the MSD does the studderbox, which is very fast rapid pop-pop-pop. I've also heard others 2 steps and they sounded lazy...like pop(wait .5sec) then pop(wait another .5 sec). What is the difference in the 2 steps that cause speed variation when building boost? I love the rapid type, but I think Jeff's chip and dsm-link is the slow type...

GSX_TC

When u had the dis2, what did u do in order to activate the studderbox?

Yao

I had a switch riged up behind the clutch pedal, so when I release the clutch, it would take-off. I've heard lots of AEM and they stutter FAST!

GSX_TC

So you would just release the clutch and it would start doing it? That doesn't sound right.

thecman02

DSMCHIPS has both 2step and antilag as option. Same with ecmlink. The anti lag operation needs to be ~500 rpm before the 2 step revlimiter to get quick backfires. If you have antilag setup futher from the 2step revlimiter the engine will struggle to hit 2step rpms.

Or atleast that is my experience with setting it up. I can get a stupid amount of boost sitting if I needed.

GSX_TC

so how do you actually use it though?

thecman02

I'm not sure the antilag coding is available to the public, or on yahoo dsm ecu group. If he had that code all he has to do is what I said above.
EX. 4500antilag 2step at 5000rpm.

Not sure what your asking Mike?

If the chip is programmed like that it will antilag 2step "pop pop poop" whenever the car is stationary and the clutch is pushed in. The clutch switch needs to be wired into the ecu of course.

GSX_TC

so all you do is push the clutch in when the car is at a stand still and it will activate the 2step? what about when you just driving normally?

Diego

Then you drive it normally. Like a normal person should drive.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned