The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

RRE gvr4 fmic or evo 8 fmic

yeti

click

i have the above FMIC and wondering if the evo 8 fmic is any better than this one also if i can ask home much power (ballpark) should the RRE one hold

any help is appreciated

Yao

I have RRE front mount on my Eclipse, works good, fits inside the bumper. If you want more power int he future I would suggest going somewhere else.

prove_it

I have the same intercooler, and I'm pushing around 300 whp and with a 14b at 18lbs and my intake temp will rise to around 130 with this intercooler. For a close to stock set up it is great, amazing response very good throttle response, but can't handle a lot of power.

Fit's great too.

boosted_85

I have a cx racing rep of that exact intercooler. Was good for 320hp at 24 psi of boost on a e3 16g. If you have something bigger or have higher plans go with a ets core or punishment racing core.

300+ whp is pretty amazing! I have a evo8 IC setup with jonvr pipe setup. last time I got up on the dyno, I was pushing only about 240WHP on 19-20psi of boost. This tells me, IC size and capacity is only good if you have other mods to support it. I am also running 16G turbo with my setup. I will be very happy if I can reach 300+whp at 24psi.

prove_it

I have a built engine with a Polished head, OS valves, 8.5:1 compression with 20degrees timing on E85. That's how I got to the 300 mark.

It's not stock.

Thanks for the update! I have stock engine but still hope to get some increase horses with the E85 tune.

Alainb7

I have the evo 8/9 FMIC, but I have an evo III bumper. Here is a pic without the bumper, I built a new crash.

And here is the piping I made (The one with blue coupling, the other one was my temporary one)

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned