The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New VR4 Owner #841/2000

speedyd718

So today I just bought a Summit White 1991 from VR4ownzu (it was previously Phil1320's car). I'm new to DSM's, turbos, and AWD. I've previously had a '92 & '95 Buick Roadmaster (Corvette LT1 V8), a '93 Nissan NX2000 (JDM SR20VE), and a'99 Acura 3.5RL.

No real mods planned for the car, just air filter, cat-back, and a tune. I just want to keep it clean and stock. I plan on getting it rust proofed. I am loving being back in a quick car, and I can't wait for the snow to hit and see how the AWD performs.

DSCN2430.jpg

DSCN2447.jpg

DSCN2444.jpg

DSCN2424.jpg

89Mirageman

Very nice ride indeed! But I will admit that I cringed a bit when you mentioned driving that thing in the snow. I once owned a GVR4 from Ohio, my first and last rust car.

GSX_TC

she's beautiful man, i actually used this car as a fine example of a clean stock VR4 for sale, because my buddy Rob was like theres no such thing. Hopefully you hold on to her and take care of it, and not part it or sell it.

Cheers
Mike

speedyd718

Quoting 89Mirageman:
Very nice ride indeed! But I will admit that I cringed a bit when you mentioned driving that thing in the snow. I once owned a GVR4 from Ohio, my first and last rust car.

yeah i know, that's why i'm going to get some kind of proofing. just have to religiously have it washed. i hate ohio cars because of the rust too.

speedyd718

Quoting GSX_TC:
she's beautiful man, i actually used this car as a fine example of a clean stock VR4 for sale, because my buddy Rob was like theres no such thing. Hopefully you hold on to her and take care of it, and not part it or sell it.

Cheers
Mike

thanks man. i plan to keep it, it's a very practical car for me. a little bit of everything in this car. btw before i joined i was following along your voyage here to norwalk. amazing. glad you made it back safe.

GSX_TC

Lol I didn't say cleanest out there, my exact words were "I THINK I had the cleanest VR4 at the shootout" but please don't think I'm a guy who thinks his car is the sh*t, because she's far from that =)

Hey so what all are you going to do to it?

speedyd718

well seeing as it's my first dsm, turbo, or awd car i've been trying to do a lot of reading and understanding. i want to keep it relatively stock for the most part. i'll probably change the filter for a k&n (if it hasn't been), and i'd like to put on a 2.5" cat back (any suggestions?). i say this because all of the 'free mods' that i've read about have already been done. also, what can i do with a socketed ecu? is there any where i can get chips made? and are there gains to be had from having a stock car tuned.

IncorpoRatedX

get a winter beater 1g dsm awd for the snow. do not destroy that clean vr4!

GSX_TC

yeah man, keep her pristine how she is. and and people around here dont like it if you refer it to as a DSM because its not.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned