The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Foglight removal?(Egons noobquestions no. 1)

EgonOlsen

Ok, I actually didnt wanna post this question, its almost too embarrasing to ask but...

I have the bumper off, but I cant for the life of me figure out what to losen to get the foglights out of the bumper?

I see 2 at the front top on the foggy, which I cant get loose because a repaint of the car painted them over(if I need those off Im gonna need paintremover.)
Then O found 2 small bolts at the back 1 on each side, but they are almost impossible to get to.
and last 2 small ones on 1 side of the foggy.

But whcih do I need off to be able to take the whole assemply out? is there some bolts I missed somewhere?

PS: This is ofc. the USDM Bumper

Last edited:

you need to remove those 2 bolts at the front above the glass and then you can slide out the housing. then there are 3 bolts that hold the brakets on the bumper support.

EgonOlsen

Crap I was afraid you would say that.

What idiot made them crossheaded instead of bolts. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif
Cant get the buggers out. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

AnotherNewb

If you take the cover off of the support you can remove the two screws with a small pair of vice grips. I

EgonOlsen

Hmm I doubt it.
The problem with crossheaded screws is they have a tendency to break if they are too tight, which is what has almost happened here.
I can still get the screwdriver to stick, but they are almost broken and they havent moved at all. Any more force and im sure it will destroy the crosshead.

AnotherNewb

Then use your vice grips on the BACK side of the bracket and pull the stubs out that way. I broke 3 out of 4 screws on 1947's fog lights and was able to easily remove them from the bracket from the back.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned