The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Oil leaks

AuSpecVr4

Hi

It's sad to build a fresh motor and spend all the time making sure everything is alright and works and be ruined by oil leaking after all your hard work. My oil feel for my turbo is leaking bad, under inspection, the top feed has been helicoiled, and when i removed the banjo, it pulled it out with it, if i go ahead and re do the helicoil is it safe? with the potential metal shavings? i've used new crush washers and bolts and still have this leak.

Cheers

rgeier11

I would plug the feed from the top with a bolt and plenty of threadlocker. Possibly even heli-coil it another size up again. Buy an oil feed line from the oil filter housing and you're good to go.

GSX_TC

Dam good advice right there man. i wouldnt go with a bolt though, id feel more comfortable with a plug with threads.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned