The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I want to share :)

race_me89

is there anywhere in my profile that i can post up my cars modifications
there was a little box but it didn't seem like i could put all the parts
in said place

Terry Posten

No, we do not allow lengthy signatures. If you want to put your cars you have then go for it. But for a full mod list, do a "members rides" post following the rules and put a link in your sig like I have.

race_me89

thank you and by the way your car is sick

Diego

No they just take up to much space..

I could make a list of every car I ever owned like some on here, but I dont/wont just because it is too much to read after every post you make..

race_me89

how do i become a member as opposed to a newbie

Diego

You first read these... click

Then you act right, help out others, be an asset to the community and not an "air-head" and listen to the advice given to you. As soon as you start making more post (please be legit post and not trolling) you will become something more here.

Make an ass of yourself, misspell a word or do something out of the ordinary and you will get titles like what I and others have... Just read a few and you will see how they became that.

Terry Posten

Quoting race_me89:
thank you and by the way your car is sick

Thank you.

RedTwo

Quoting Diego:
No they just take up to much space..

Oh, that's good, I thought you were implying that people having more content in their signatures than in their actual posts were annoying...
Luckily we can disable signatures on this board - everyone is just a blur of identical font, only distinguished by grammar, layout and smilies /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Galactica

What this board needs, IMHO, are avatars for everyone. It also really helps to identify everyone. Every board I've ever been on has them so people can at least put a small pic of their ride up or some other whatever they want within reason pic.

GSX_TC

That would be a great idea, that way I wouldn't get bitched at everytime I post a pic of my car when a new guy introduces himself.

Galactica

Dude we should seriously ask the mods to enable avatars for people. It wouldn't clutter up the server because they're so little, and it would really help to differentiate between posts and identify people individually, besides just their names.

Terry Posten

No, been discussed more times than I can count.

The answer is no.

Sorry.

GSX_TC

Lol why?

turbowop

Quoting Galactica:
What this board needs, IMHO

What this board doesn't need is n00bs that feel like introducing their humble opinion regarding sh*t that has been talked about over and over again by other n00bs bringing up the same opinions. It's been this way for over ten years. Pretty sure most people on the board know who I am, as well as any other veteran to this forum without needing an avatar or signature listing every mod or car I've owned over the past decade. Notoriety on the board comes with time spent interacting with the forum. Avatars and sig pics clutter it up. Don't like it? Other forums beckon...

Last edited:

Diego

^ that pretty much sums it up.

People know people here, some of us are like brothers to each other and some are actual family. We do things simple here, I in no way hate the newbs or Mike(Gsx_tc) but we like simple.

People know me from here and other venues I have attended or done business with. Gain a rep, choose the right people to know and just live the way we have done this since before the org (i wasn't around then).

I don't care if your ride is nice, there is a member ride section for that, if people want to see your car send a link to your MR thread instead of posting a pic in everyone's thread.

Sorry,
-end rant

GSX_TC

Alrighty then

Galactica

Quoting turbowop:
Quoting Galactica:
What this board needs, IMHO

What this board doesn't need is n00bs that feel like introducing their humble opinion regarding sh*t that has been talked about over and over again by other n00bs bringing up the same opinions. It's been this way for over ten years. Pretty sure most people on the board know who I am, as well as any other veteran to this forum without needing an avatar or signature listing every mod or car I've owned over the past decade. Notoriety on the board comes with time spent interacting with the forum. Avatars and sig pics clutter it up. Don't like it? Other forums beckon...

Fine. I'm not trying to change your precious forum. Do not speak with so much disrespect. I am only a "noob" as it pertains here. I am not a "noob" to forums. I have been a part of many and still am. I came here to learn and interact with people. I just hope you're not the norm for the way long-timers treat new members because you won't have to kick me off. I am polite and respectful to everyone, but this kind of nonsense is just sub-par.

spooling92vr4

what I think Mark is trying to say is, This forum is geared more towards mature people and it has always been that way, since we have limited edition cars. That being said most guys that own these cars hang on to them and less kids tend to buy them (no offense to any younger guys on here) They have become more affordable which is bringing more children on this board who annoy the more distinguished population.

things like poor spelling, grammar, and calling these cars a DSM will get you flamed pretty hard. Make sure you read all the forum rules before posting for sale adds etc. Things are a little more strict here

Some say they are noobs here but not to other forums so they really shouldnt be called noobs, well this forum isnt really like any other forum. The community is alot more tight with alot of knowledge and you will get alot more out of people here if you dont act like dope. There was a time when the bad guy forum had like 2 guys on it and one was from the infamous carbon fiber hood GB.

and never ask about changing your title from newbie to something else, the mods have a sick sense of humor sometimes.

spooling92vr4

By the way did you see GSXTC'S car?

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif Sorry I had to do that!

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned