The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New owner of 534/1000 :)

After a long process I finally bought a VR-4. I was on the fence about buying an SRT-4 for several months, but ran across a good deal on a fully built VR-4 that I couldn't pass up. And I'm so glad I got it, the AWD rocks! The original EPROM fried a month ago or so and the car is currently running on a stock ecu and barely making a bar of boost lol. I'm hoping to get to Alamo this weekend and get this thing back into action.

KiNgMaRtY

Congrats, you made the right choice /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif Let's see some pics
What I do like about the SRT-4's are their bolster seats and they can sound mean, other than that, meh.

jnava

Staff member
Um.....go to MUDPIT instead....I vouch for him and so will many in the DALLASDSM community.

BluFalcon

Welcome to the wonderful world of GVR-4 ownership. As someone had on their signature, "If you like beating your head against a wall and crying yourself to sleep at night, then the GVR-4 is the car for you." (Or at least something to that effect.)

Just wondering where you picked the car up, as most of the GVR-4's in the metroplex are pretty well known. If you have an issue with your ECU, I also recommend Brian @ the Mudpit. He's very familiar with GVR-4 and DSM ECU's and can probably source you a good working one and help you figure out the boost issue for a decent price. Mudpit Web Page

Again, welcome.

GSX_TC

Nice, let see some pics of her man, i'll be bringing my VR4 to texas in about 6 or 7 months.

here's mine btw

IMG_3159.jpg

GSX_TC

Yeah it has neg camber, doesn't eat the tires though.

Galactica

Quoting GSX_TC:
Nice, let see some pics of her man, i'll be bringing my VR4 to texas in about 6 or 7 months.

here's mine btw

IMG_3159.jpg

Dat car, my friend, is SICK!

GSX_TC

Thanks man, another month or 2 and it'll be even better.

KiNgMaRtY

Quoting GSX_TC:

Is it close to about 3" of neg camber? My prior VR-4 was like tat even with the Whiteline camber bushings. 802, my current VR-4 is much closer to specs lowered with the same spring and strut combo that I had on the other

BluFalcon

Quoting GSX_TC:

Whereabouts in Texas? You military?

GSX_TC

Quoting KiNgMaRtY:
Quoting GSX_TC:

Is it close to about 3" of neg camber? My prior VR-4 was like tat even with the Whiteline camber bushings. 802, my current VR-4 is much closer to specs lowered with the same spring and strut combo that I had on the other

3 inches? no its not that bad. i plan on getting that adjuster for it in the rear eventually. but for now it doenst bother me.

GSX_TC

Quoting BluFalcon:
Quoting GSX_TC:

Whereabouts in Texas? You military?

In Houston Texas, im EAS'ing out of the Marines here around March. then im gonna bring my GST and VR4 back home to texas

BluFalcon

Ah, I see. I'll be retiring from the Guard about the same time. Yes, I'm old. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Congrats on getting out and welcome back to Texas.

GSX_TC

Thanks man, Hopefully by then, the VR4will have her JDM bumper and RS hood fingers crossed =)

KiNgMaRtY

Quoting GSX_TC:
Quoting KiNgMaRtY:
Quoting GSX_TC:

3 inches? no its not that bad. i plan on getting that adjuster for it in the rear eventually. but for now it doenst bother me.

No I meant close to 3 degrees no inches my bad

GSX_TC

3 degrees yeah possibly

thedsmguy

So, let me get this straight, this went from a newbie thread to yet another "my car is so cool I have to post pictures in everyone's threads" thread... And then we get to claim that camber like that does not wear on tires to boot?

Haha... Nice one.

to the OP... Good luck with your vr4! They are a lot of fun......... If you like bloody knuckles.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned