The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Wastegate Actuator

jmorri15

So I have a greddy td05h 18g which is now a 20g and ive got two problems. First I do not believe the diaphragm is good and second the actuator doesnt seem to line up perfectly, and never has since i got the turbo. I will post a picture later. Well anyways my question relates to finding a replacement one. Ive googled it till im blue in the hands but I cannot seem to find one meant for the dsm 18g. I see some meant for the subaru 18g will that fit? If someone knows a place to pick up an actuator without spending insane amounts of money that'd be awesome.
thanks

Launch

there is no such thing as a dsm specific 18G actuator. All td05H actuators for the 14b/16g are the same unless "shimmed" internally by the factory.

05H based 20G's need good 02 housing/turbine housing port work done CORRECTLY to get around some of the creep issues.
Fp used to sell modified versions for the t25 and evo, doubtful anything for the dsm actuator tho

jmorri15

i was wondering because of the difference in compressor housing size from the td05h 16g and 18g if it would still function correctly/be at the right angle and length.
ill have to see if it has boost creep after i break in this engine. i dont want to go much bigger because my 2.3l should spool this turbo like a 14b and i want to be able to use this car as a dd.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned