The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

AEM wideband installment

tayschells13

Soo.. I've been searching online all day for this and from what I've found hasn't given me a definite answer yet. If I'm running an evo/3G maf and have a bung welded in 36" away from the turbo what ecu pin should I wire the "white" wire into? I have v3 ecmlink and am wanting to log the wideband. The wiki states that ECU pin #8 (IAT input) as well as ECU pin #16 (Baro input) are only to be used when running a MAFT setup. The wiki also states that ECU pin #15 (EGR temp input) is not compatible with the AEM WB sensor so which pin should I be using? Would I be better off placing the sensor in the stock o2 location and then just using the narrowband o2 stimulation, and then splicing the white wire into ECU pin #4 (oxygen sensor input)?

I do believe I also have another option of purchasing a buffer circuit to make this work, but maybe I'm completely off with that guess. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Any help would be greatly appreciated guys!
Thanks everyone,
-Taylor

WaRrIoRs16

Based off the wiki, your only option is to hook it up to the Front o2(ECU pin#4) because the mitsu style MAS uses the iat and baro input. I don't think it is required for you to move your sensor to the o2 housing though. I know people that use the narrowband simulation with the sensor being in the downpipe.

I use the EGR input for my PLX wideband and it didn't work right at first. The ecu wouldn't take any values below 11 AFR. So I just bought the op-amp for the buffer circuit and soldered it up and through it in. Presto, everything was golden. The wiki says your wideband is not 100% compatible, maybe someone can elaborate on this or perhaps you can send a message to the ecmlink creators and see if there is a way to make it work.

tayschells13

Yeah I was just about to post something on the ecmlink forums asking about it. I'm stumped so far, and it looks like my only option as of right now is to locate it to the front o2 sensor (which has its pro's and con's). I guess I'll just ask on there, and if I get a good answer I'll be sure to post it on here to help anyone out who's encountering the same problem.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned