The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

1302 new owner

EgonOlsen

Hi
I figured since ive been lurking here for a year or so and finally got a VR4 it was time to introduce myself.

My name is Morten and Im from Denmark, yes the 1 in europe. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I finally got 1302 home and picked her up today at the harbor.
There is still a lot of work to be done.
Exhaust, all interior(was made ready for a cage but it was never installed) A/C, IC. ect.
But its here and im a happy camper. :p

Galactica

Very nice. Welcome to the site! I'm a noob myself. Always wanted a VR4 and finally got one.

PolskiVR4

Welcome and good luck with it. I wonder what people think when they were driving behind you and saw that it had California plates haha.

GSX_TC

Nice lookin VR4. what are your plans for her

EgonOlsen

Right now the plan is just to get her in shape, laws as regards to any modding is very strict in denmark.

So right now she needs:
Mounting the A/C again(have it dissaembled(been looking for a guide for that havent found 1 yet, its always about removal. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Mounting the factory IC(it had a hotpipe, but it was removed before buy so nothing there atm)
See if she starts at all, I just checked. I think the battery is dead, tried charging all night, but something is deffo wrong.
All plastic inside have been removed(doorpanels, roof,underdashes, carpet) all need to be put in again.
New exhaust, missing the Cat atm. and the downpipe is 3 inch but the middle and rear is factory exhaust I think.

This is what I was told is has:
-The front end is full Energy Suspension bushings
-Upgraded big brake mod up front
-Upgraded braided steel lines (clutch line as well)
-Front has brand new G2 struts in the fronts and AGXs in the rear (brand new set of the G2s BNIB for the rear as well if you felt like switching)
-Fresh rebuilt 14b
-2G Manifold(Evo 3)
-2G O2 housing(Evo 3)
-Fresh rebuilt ECU
-Fresh rebuilt 1G trans
-Upgrade 1g shifter setup w/ Symbroski bushings
-155 fuel pump
-FIC 80 injectors
-XTD stage 4 6puck clutch setup(not mounted)
-Speed Density setup with Ostrichand Jackal.

dsm10o0

Congrats! You got this car off of TSimage?

EgonOlsen

Quoting dsm10o0:
Congrats! You got this car off of TSimage?

That is correct.
If any know him I would love if someone can get him a message to read this site, im lacking some info from him, but he has not been on the site for a month now and not reading messages. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

And if any have any history on it I would love to hear it. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GSX_TC

Quoting EgonOlsen:
Right now the plan is just to get her in shape, laws as regards to any modding is very strict in denmark.

This is what I was told is has:
-The front end is full Energy Suspension bushings
-Upgraded big brake mod up front
-Upgraded braided steel lines (clutch line as well)
-Front has brand new G2 struts in the fronts and AGXs in the rear (brand new set of the G2s BNIB for the rear as well if you felt like switching)
-Fresh rebuilt 14b
-2G Manifold(Evo 3)
-2G O2 housing(Evo 3)
-Fresh rebuilt ECU
-Fresh rebuilt 1G trans
-Upgrade 1g shifter setup w/ Symbroski bushings
-155 fuel pump
-FIC 80 injectors
-XTD stage 4 6puck clutch setup(not mounted)
-Speed Density setup with Ostrichand Jackal.

Do you mean KYB GR2 Struts/FIC 800 cc injectors and Walboro 255?

EgonOlsen

Im by no means an expert, actually im a total noob at this.
But I did some research on that subject.

Fic80lbs injectors seems to be 840 cc injectors.
No idea on the fuelpump, as I said thats what the seller wrote.

Yes the struts in the front are KYB GR2 the back have AGX
I have the GR2s for the back as well brand new.

GSX_TC

Dam I wish u had some extra GR2's for the fronts, I need a set.

IncorpoRatedX

It wouldnt matter.. he's in DENMARK. Shipping wouldn't be worth it, even if he gave the crap to you for free.

KiNgMaRtY

Congrats on your purchase!

Just to also clarify some things for you, the Evo exhaust manifold and o2 housings are different than the 2g so you will have either or.

Also the AGX's are a step up from the GR-2's but both will die with aftermarket springs. The AGX's will last a bit longer with the aftermarket springs but will be semi-bouncy

EgonOlsen

Ohh nice, confuse me why dont ya? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

So you mean other than stock springs?(no idea whats on btw.
and when you say they die you mean within a month? year? ever?

And yes im in denmark, often it is cheaper for me to buy in the US and ship it than buy it here, but yeah I seriously doubt it would ever be cost effective to do it the other way around, unless its parts you cant get any other way.
Since the GVR4 was never released in EU, special parts often have to be bought in the us.

I am relative new to playing mechanic and fixing cars, but I have time and patience and ill get it, just expect to get loads of questions no mechanic would ever ask since its "common" knowledge. but hey I have to start sometime.

Ill start with a few so you know what we are talking about. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

1. When you run SD, what happens if you run without the IAT sensor? can you still drive, just not perfect or? I have put on the stock IC(IC was missing) but it has no bung for the IAT obviously.
2. Do you use a gasket between the turbo and the IC piping? gasket paste? nothing?
3. My exhaust is a 3' downpipe, the cat is missing(about 50cm missing) and the rest is the stock exhaust, which is 2'?
whats the best way to connect the 2 without having to replace either? A cat and 2 reducers? I cant seem to find a reducer that big(from 3' to 2')
Someone said, just fit your exhaust from the GTI, but obviously the downpipe wont fit with the GTI being N/A

Theese question are for me to make some temperary fixes to the stuff thats missing so I can actually drive it, later both IC and Exhaust will be replaced, but for now I just want to be able to drive it, specially if I need to go somewhere to get something fixed.

Before you say it I cant weld. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

GSX_TC

Quoting KiNgMaRtY:

Also the AGX's are a step up from the GR-2's but both will die with aftermarket springs. The AGX's will last a bit longer with the aftermarket springs but will be semi-bouncy

thats prob why my front ones died then haha. maybe its a reason to upgrade to some nice BC coilovers

KiNgMaRtY

^ Yup. I have Koni's all around and love them, they can handle aftermarket springs /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GSX_TC

Koni's huh. hmmmm, how much are those for a set for the fronts?

KiNgMaRtY

Quoting EgonOlsen:
Ohh nice, confuse me why dont ya? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

So you mean other than stock springs?(no idea whats on btw.
and when you say they die you mean within a month? year? ever?

2. Do you use a gasket between the turbo and the IC piping? gasket paste? nothing?
3. My exhaust is a 3' downpipe, the cat is missing(about 50cm missing) and the rest is the stock exhaust, which is 2'?
whats the best way to connect the 2 without having to replace either? A cat and 2 reducers? I cant seem to find a reducer that big(from 3' to 2')
Someone said, just fit your exhaust from the GTI, but obviously the downpipe wont fit with the GTI being N/A

Theese question are for me to make some temperary fixes to the stuff thats missing so I can actually drive it, later both IC and Exhaust will be replaced, but for now I just want to be able to drive it, specially if I need to go somewhere to get something fixed.

Before you say it I cant weld. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif

It could be anywhere from a couple of days to months for the GR-2's.

2. You could use RTV
3. Just save the money and finish up the exhaust to have it a full 3". Don't spend and fix it for now just to have to spend more later to upgrade it.

EgonOlsen

Yes ofc the better choice is to get an all new exhaust, BUT as opposed to the US a full exhaust here would prolly cost around 1200$ thats not money I can spend right now and since its undrivable without it I want a fix so it can actually drive, before I go spend that kinda money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts