The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

bleeding the clutch

yeti

Is everyone else's clutch bleed valve upside down and near impossible to get to without removing something?

Mine points upwards towards the radiator/turbo

OMFGeofffff

Yes. I like to take off the front to rear crossmember to clear up some room. I remember looking at the slave in my buddies 99 GSX and how it looked incredibly easier to get at than with our cars.

Brunoboy

this is true,^ i bled my slave two days ago without removing anything. and ive changed my slave twice and both uninstalled and reinstalled and bled without taking anything else off.

Diego

+1 for never removing a darn thing to change or bleed it. I used a 10mm ratchet wrench too for ease.

transparentdsm

it is extremely tight, but i bled mine on the ground in the driveway with a soda bottle, some vacuum hose and a 10mm box wrench. kinda hard but it was easy enough.

Terry Posten

I use an old 10mm wrench that I bent at almost a right angle. That way I can still use a clear rubber hose on the bleeder to watch for bubbles and keep everything clean.

xaisomboun

i also found this very hard to bleed but eventually found out a way!

I used a 10mm socket with 2, yes 2 extensions to give enough room to turn. downside is that the fluid might be spilling on the frame part. nothing a little wipe could clean up.

transparentdsm

right on terry, bending an old wrench at 90 is such a great idea. i do this often enough to want a 10mm bent, i also use a clear hose to see the bubbles... new to posting on forums, never really done it before i i have to realize i need to be a little more detailed.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned