The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

5-lug swap ?

today I took out the 4-bolt rear from my donor car. It is pretty rusty, my original plan was to just swap the complete subframes but the condition of the control and trailing arms are in pretty poor shape (alot worse then my current pieces on my car) Also there is a slight grinding noise when I turn the axels so I'm having second thoughts on even using the rear diff. I might just do the 5-lug swap and wait until my 3-bolt fails and then replace when needed plus it was a PITA to just remove the stuff off the donor I'm sure it is even more fun reinstalling everything /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
My question is will the 5-lug hubs match up to the 3-bolt cups? I'm sure they will but I just want to make sure. My fronts don't look to bad so I might still replace the entire front control arms and knuckles since they have the energy bushings.
thanks,
ed

broxma

The hub and the mount for the axle, the three bolt section, are two different parts held together by a large 27mm(?) bolt on the inside of the cup. It should be possible to run any combination of them.

/brox

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned