The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

I have taken over my husband's project

Since the VR4 hasn't gotten a lot of his time with him being busy I'm taking over this project. I want to see this VR4 back out on the road again. I know I'm going to have many many questions along the way. So any advice other than walk away will be appreciated.

boostx

Welcome you the board and bring on the questions. Lets see some pics.

Thanks I'll take some pictures this afternoon and get them up. I'll write up a bio for the car as I know it and post that as well since perhaps a few would be interested in the history of this car.

transparentdsm

anything you need, let me know... im pretty savvy with these cars, i know the motors pretty well and im starting to understand the 4WS system really well and there pretty easy to work on. welcome to the board and best of luck with everything.

Eaglesfly

Welcome! Nice to see another VR-4 project coming back together. Like Boostx said, post some pics. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

AnotherNewb

Alright, ill be the one that asks... what's with the name? Most females on here pick a girly name. Then again it took me a little while to realize biglady was a guy, I must be slow. Oh yeah, welcome to the board. Super amazing people here, even the gray haired ones. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

It is the way they shortened the nickname I was given long ago in Junior ROTC (High School Sophomore year). They decided it was good nickname when I was in a creek up to my waist wrestling with a guy twice my size for this little football flag in a game called escape and evasion. Guy actually thought I would freak out about getting covered in mud when he tried knocking me to the bank to get my flag, I had his flag up and showing the referee we had that I had it before he knew it was over. I just can't pick a girly name just not in my nature. A different screen name would probably have something to do with my SV or something like that.

MellowVR4

its always good to here there are females that are interested in these type of toys. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif good to have you on.

SouthCaliVR4

Wow, You'd be able to knock me over with a feather if one of my significant others washed my car let alone took on the "project" Kudos to you /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

welcome to the board, you will find much great info about these little gems here & I have to say some of the best technical knowlage in the 4g63 world. I hope you enjoy your new found project & your stay here.

This should hopefully be a simple project when compared to rebuild of the totaled SV650. The goal is to get this car done by next year. My simple goal is running and holding boost, no wastegate fluttering and perhaps full operation of the AWS system. I'm glad to say if I need help from a Mitsu Master tech my best friend is one so I don't have to worry about over my head issues. I foresee the worst part of the project being body work on the roof.

OZRally

Good luck with the resto, can't wait to see the end result. Please lets get another one on the road.

curtis

Pull string on the mower broke! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Just messing, best of luck....Remember there's almost always someone on here to answer questions

Project gets to wait a week while everything gets settled down. My mechanic will be dropping off my Isuzu Rodeo for me to detail before the engine goes back into it and picking up my Dodge as the top of the fuel pump is melted perhaps a localized fire or heat from the pump it's self. My brother in law is moving up here today and he's towing his Jetta TDI which has dark colored smoke coming from it's exhaust and a loud noise from the engine, I'll assume catastrophic engine failure and price and source a new engine. I swear if it's not one thing it's another around here. I also need to send the turbo for the VR4 in and have it rebuilt it looks like the wheel ate something.

transparentdsm

haha sounds like my front yard, i have my friend jetta 1.8t sitting on stands as well as a friends 95 m3 my vr4 and my 1g all on blocks hanging out with each other... and the grocery getter needs new rear drums done on it so that is sitting as well. just the jeep that my fiancee drives works properly right now and were moving in a few months.... womp womp /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif!!

Well after listening to the Jetta in person I'd swear the TDI has a misfire. So I'll assume it's most likely an injector issue and until it is off the tow dolly I can't do more.

GSX_TC

awwww she needs her eyes.. poor VR4. Glad your gonna take care of it though and not just part it out or something. keep us updated on the progress would ya

donkeylips

Quoting GSX_TC:
awwww she needs her eyes.. poor VR4. Glad your gonna take care of it though and not just part it out or something. keep us updated on the progress would ya

Ha one of my vr4s is sitting just like that right now. No headlights and the bumper is falling off. Looking good.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned