The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

electronics behind the glovebox.

mitsu90

My car has been cutting out for a few weeks now. At first I thought it was my hacked up ecu harrness so I fixed all them when I installed my wideband. I've narrowed it down to something behind the glovebox since if I shut it too hard the car dies and if I reshut it it fires back up.. and smacking the glove box does the same. The only thing I can think of is the mpi relay.

Nabeel

It could be the Ecu it self!!

mitsu90

I have checked the ECU and the board is flawless, Caps were replaced right before I bought it.

mitsu90

Are the only 2 grounds to the ecu the ones that bolt to the body next to the ecu? I thought about a ground once but them 2 are bolted down. I'm lost I drove 300 miles today and it never cut out once. But last nite driving across town it cut out twice..

Nabeel

I have drive my car for months. And that ground was not bolted with no issue,

mitsu90

What other grounds are there? I swapped the mpi relay last nite to see if that was the problem. I've noticed when it acts up the tach won't bounce when I try to start it and when I wess with the wires and junk under the dash the fuel pump kicks on.

Nabeel

The wrong mpi relay could cause problem. I tried to use VR4 mpi relay on a 1.8 eclipse once. Car start act funny & did not work.

Nabeel

The number written on mine is E8T07071 then 9Y27 it is from JDM harness. I am not sure if USDM has the same number.

tayschells13

I was just going to say the MPI relay is located right under the glove box. Stick with the idea of checking that out man

mitsu90

I got side tracked on other projects this week. However the other day I was driving around with my buddy and it cut out, so I had him mess with the wires and as soon as he touch the harrness it came right back. So I'm gonna have to inspect the wires one more time. I'm beging to think I need to just buy a new harrnes and be done with this hacked up one.

Alainb7

Check the connector of MPI relay, mine look like wire overheat and connector has heat collor ans plactic connector was brownish color a bit.

I

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts