The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Rod bolts

dsmtalontsi95

What are the difference's between 6 bolt rod bolts and 7 bolt rod bolts?

rdomeck

I may be wrong, but I think the 6 bolts are 9mm and the 7 bolts are 8mm.

dsmtalontsi95

Reason I ask is we installed arp rod bolts on the rods in the motor. I was looking for something to write on for something completely different and noticed the arp paper said for mitsu 93 and up! I don't know how we didn't catch it but would the 7 bolt rod bolts fit in 6-bolt rod without notice?

grocery_getter

They are different diameter. The 7 bolt arp rod bolt is not going to register in the hole for the 6 bolt rod. Too small by 1 mm. Take them out and redo the job.

dsmtalontsi95

OK, I was just checking to see if it would fit. Hoping the 7 would have been too big so that wouldn't have fit. Time to drop the pan.

dsmtalontsi95

Wow. Never mind, the label says 93 and earlier. So that's my fault. But who says that?

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned