The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

FMIC with out cutting front bumper support?

galantrevolution

Im trying to install a FMIC but i dont want to cut my front bumper support, i have one full size intercooler and one half size, it is possible to do it with out cutting the support?

The right core will fit without modding the steel bumper.

I have an "EBAY special" intercooler on mine. 12" x 24" x 3" core, 3" in and out, and it fit without modding the bumper.

galantrevolution

do u have pics of your set up? b cause i trim the bumper but i dont want to trim the support, so if u do have pics can u post them?

I don't have any except the couple that are my build thread. Go to general discussions and look through the "1517 build thread"

alansupra94

When I cut mine, I didn't care since the area I was cutting anyway was rust /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

slugsgomoo

The steel bumper is worthless (aside from the top bar that keeps the urethane cover from sagging. There's a reason that cars built after 1994 aren't required to have them... because they offer no benefits.

Given the * rating in a crash for the driver in a gvr4, regardless of if you have the stupid metal bumper or not, I would highly advise against crashing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned