The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

First GVR-4

Gombos

Hey guys, I've been on here just reading up for a few years but just recently picked up my first GVR-4, so I figured I would introduce myself. I've been into DSMs since I turned 16. My first was a non-turbo 2g. After going to the track and seeing how slow it was, it only took about a week for my to find and buy my blackcherry 1g (which I still have) back in 04. Since then the 1g has been in pieces longer than it's been driving. It's a work in progress and I've been taking my good old time with it (been almost 5 years since i've taken it apart).

My most recent DSM was a monarch green 2g. I bought that stock, did all of the maintenance, and repainted it. It was looking clean but needed a little more of a kick. After reading the 14b drag race thread on tuners I figured I'd go that route just to see what it could do. I was actually surprised at how much of a difference it made over the t25. Not too long after that I picked up a used AEM EMS and got a base tune from Dan (Garage_defeat). The car ended up going 12.50 at 109.7. I didn't think that was too bad for being full weight with a 14b. The 2g was pretty rusty underneath and the time came to finally get rid of it. I had always wanted a Galant and after hanging out with Dan and seeing what his car has done, I got pretty serious about finding one.

Eventually, 806/1000 popped up in the for sale section. Dan saw it first and messaged me about it. I saw the message as soon as I woke up that morning and I PMed Mark (the previous owner of the car) as soon as I could. A week or so later, I drove up to the syracuse area and picked up the car. Overall the car is in pretty solid condition. It definitly needed a timing belt and a good cleaning though (sat in a barn for about 2 years). I Had a good condition stock 6 bolt that had a new headgasket, ARPs, and the balance shafts already removed, so the decision was made to drop that in, do all of the necessary maintenance, and try to clean up the engine bay in the process. This is where i'm at now. The engine is back in and I just have a few small things to finish up and it will be ready to go. I'll post some pics of the galant and my past DSM's when I get home tonight.

Gombos

Mainly a DD but I'll have it at the track for sure.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts