The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Braided brake lines

beaner

I don't know why I can't figure this out, so I'll just ask. I have a '92 tsi awd. The rubber brake lines in the front and rear are garbage. I want to replace them with braided stainless. Eventually I will upgrade the front calipers to the bigger '93+. I know the bigger calipers use the banjo bolt fitting on the line. Can I use the banjo lines on the front with my smaller '92 calipers?

89Mirageman

Not all twin piston calipers use the banjo bolts, the ones from the 92.5-94 AWD DSM's use the screw in type like the GVR4's, so do the early 90's diamantes and some others as well. The banjo bolt brake lines will not work with your current calipers.

89Mirageman

No problem man, just get the lines from Garfield and then grab some diamante calipers once you're ready to upgrade. They use the same lines.

rgeier11

Beaner making a newbie post /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts