The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Information about reflash ecu

Hello!

I'm thinking of reflashing my ECU (when i'm ready). Because i'm a complete noob right now, i want to get a lot of information about reflashing ecu's (in special vr4).
Can you guys give me a few links or files with a lot of info about this?

Thank youuuuu

I may be able to help as I think I may be a step ahead of you but I haven't actualy burned a chip yet.

Is your ECU a single board with EProm chip?

You can get an EProm burner from ebay to burn chips, it needs to be able to burn the eprom used in our ECUs though, I THINK the chip we have is a

27SF256 chip so you will need to make sure a burner is able to burn one of those chips.

Here is a lot of info click

Here is your number one source and most importantly they have heaps of .bin files for download including pre-modded vr4 chips
click

What I'm planing on using is moate's emulator, it's an eprom emulator and allows you to tune your car without changine chips, one of the guys (actualy owe him a pm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif) on 4g61t.org told me about it, it's like DSM link but much cheaper.

Read up on the yahoo site would be your first step, also don't forget to change the old capacitors in your ecu too.

Forgot to mention get yourself a data logger too, only cost me $5 to make a cable and the saftware is free. Also if you look at fairly recent posts on the yahoo group there is a noob and somebody gave him a bunch of links one being to a program where you enter things like injector size, rpm cut etc and it makes you a custom .bin file.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thank you,

I am already reading a lot on those sites!

I have another question i didn't find on the internet: can i flash my dualboard eprom ecu?

Pass, I didn't know that duel boards were eprom, you would be doing yourself a favor by getting a single board with eprom, as I found out /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif I know of an evo-0 ecu for $150 usd might, still be available

Yes i already thought that was more easy. I'm from the Netherlands, and i found an EVO 3 ECU here, i know its a singleboard EPROM but the pinouts are totally diffrent. And i thought the connectors are diffrent to?

Do you think it is possible to use that ECU (maybe with a homemade harnass or something)

I think the ROM on that eprom is pretty close to our vr4, is that right?

THanks for youre help man:)

It would be easier to get an evo 3 harness and afm too and that woud be an upgrade as far as the maf is concerned. Can't be of much help though, there might be an issue too with the computer running the lower compression of the vr4 motor but that's realy beond me. What I can tell you from my experience is that when you start mixing and matching you make things realy complicated for yourself. If you start making custom harnesses and things, changing pinouts, ecu's etc you will spend for ever problem solving and info is few and far between so your on your own. I still think it is easier to go on ebay and buy an eprom ecu.

What is it you're trying to achive? if you want to learn about creating custom chips etc then I think just a eprom ecu for your vr4 would be the quckest.

If you want to learn about automotive electronics and don't mind 'head aches' then by all means track down the wiring diagrams for the evo 3 and the pinouts and make a new harness with only the wires you will need, you will need the evo maf and posibly injectors though. Just get a donor harnes for the connectors.

With my project I ended up using a motor, harness, ecu, various sensors that weren't meant to go together. It took me a mountain of reserch but I'm realy proud now it's all going and I can apply that knowlage to future projects.

Hope that helps

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts