The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

abs to non abs question

I have all the necessary lines and prop valve. Which lines go where on the prop valve?

RedTwo

Correct me if I'm wrong... but from memory there should be flow arrows cast into the prop valve housing.
Also from memory the two lines running vertically up the firewall are for the rear brakes - these attach to the same point as before on the new prop valve. Front brakes fit to the two side ports and the master cylinder lines fit into the two front ports. The master cylinder lines shouldn't be fussy about which of the two ports they use.

mistaVR4

You just need to get a set of non-abs lines then delete that abs block, The lines come from any 1G W/O abs, and some non-GVR4 Galant's, and I believe you'll need the non-abs distribution block that bolts to your firewall, once you have all of that it's pretty simple, the new non-abs lines can be a little tricky to fit but there is a good write up in the "How to" section.

Saves ya some decent weight as well!

BoostedAWD91

the ports facing the front of the car go to the brake master cylinder, the ds outlet goes to the ds brake and ps to ps brake. The rear brake lines don't change position, so just see where they are hooked up before you remove them. I can get you a more detailed picture if you need

Last edited:

jmorri15

stm has a kit thats got stainless steel lines i just put in thats really nice, but its not free/cheap but its an idea

Thanks for all the details. Just for clarification does "ds"=driver side? "ps"=passenger side? and it would be helpful if you can send me a labeled pic of the prop valve and line positions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gombos

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned