The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Should probably have an official "hello"

Lightning1

I wanted to actually introduce myself. I am the proud owner of too many vr-4s. I have 14/1000 forest green roller, 457/2000 kensington grey that will be parted shortly and just acquired prebadged/2000 caged roller a few weeks ago. I am building a motor for the nile black prebadged which will have:

manley turbo-tuff rods
weisco hd pistons
eagle crank
p and p head
272/272 cams
new top to bottom gaskets and pumps
ARP bolts throughout including L19 studs
PTE50 trim BB turbo for now

I have a TMZ stage 3 trans to go into the car when completed and just picked up coilovers and a V3 for fine tuning when need be (it is running off a keydriver chip currently)

I cannot wait to have a running car and not a pile of parts, I miss the AWD 5 speed.

Anyways, I cannot wait to contribute what little I know and ask way more questions then I will have answered, but this should be a fun build for sure.

(and if you need any parts, let me know)

Thanks for reading,

Jeff

Last edited:

mikus

Welcome 'officially'
Good guy here, with enough cars & parts to make 1 incredibly basass one or at least 2 impressive ones, maybe even 3 driveable ones. Official vr4 hoarder!

vtecds1

Welcome to the board neighbor. Since your right next door, if you need help with something feel free to give me a shout.

Lightning1

Thanks you and hello again. I do need to get some pictures up here. Hopefully I won't be too busy tonight and can snap some. Right now though, they are all rolling shells in different stages of disassembly/reassembly, all on the driveway and I am sure the neighbors love it!

PolskiVR4

Quoting Lightning1:
I wanted to actually introduce myself. I am the proud owner of too many vr-4s. I have 14/1000 forest green roller, 457/2000 kensington grey that will be parted shortly and just acquired prebadged/2000 caged roller a few weeks ago. I am building a motor for the nile black prebadged which will have:

That forest green roller I think has my old hood, I eneded up trading it for the cf hood that was on that car, plus cash of course. And is it 457/1000??? Or was the car painted Kensington Grey?

Lightning1

it pry has your old hood, it is trash now, but the car did have a cf hood on it at one point. I definatly wouldn't mind finding a cf hood for my new car. the kensington grey one was white originally I believe, but was repainted at some point. If you know the cars around here, it was owned by one of the AMS guys a few years back.

Lightning1

and the car is 457/2000 for sure

GSX_TC

Hello, welcome. My name is mike heres mine in case you ever see me around.

2m81ok5.jpg

mikus

let me know when you're ready to let some exterior bits go off that BG one! Still might give you a shout on a dash as well.

PolskiVR4

Quoting Lightning1:
it pry has your old hood, it is trash now, but the car did have a cf hood on it at one point. I definatly wouldn't mind finding a cf hood for my new car. the kensington grey one was white originally I believe, but was repainted at some point. If you know the cars around here, it was owned by one of the AMS guys a few years back.

Yeah it was rusty when I traded it for it, win win for me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif. I think I recall an AMS car that was Kensington...does it have JDM bumpers on it? And I wasnt doubting if it was a xxxx/2000, I was just confused cuz they only made Kensington's in 92. My car was bought from an AMS employee also, every car from here passes through their hands at one point haha.

Lightning1

yeah, the car has a jdm front on it. the grey was definatly not the original color too. I plan to throw the bumpers and side skirts from the kg car on the nile black car to make a panda car, or atlease see how it looks. Mikus, as for the bg car goes, I am looking to sell it whole hopefully, I really don't want to seal its fate in the junk yard, but who knows. hopefully the car will go to a home and be built as it should.

I will let you know about the dash too, I have just had no time pull it out, I have had a lot of stuff going on.

Thanks again all for reading,

Jeff

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts