The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

please help!

4doorboost

so i go to leave for work this morning and my battery light comes on, my alternator is aonly putting out 11.6 volts, my car is idling like crap and my zeitronix where it should read boost is reading user 2.98... what happened. i put new shifter cables in yesterday. before that it was working fine i put a new alternator in 3 months ago. battery is less than two years old. please help

Overkill

First check that your alternator fuse is good in the engine bay. Also make sure the belt is intact on the alternator and that it is tight. If those two are good then you most likely have a bad alternator again. Where did you buy it from as Autozone and similar stores sell junk electric parts for the most part.

4doorboost

so the ser thing is just a setting. the belt is tight and the fuse looks good, so im guessing its the alt. yeah its shitty one, lifetime warranty time! wouls this cause the idle to be really wierd and off since the car isnt getting 12 volts?

Overkill

If your sick of replacing the alternator you could go the Saturn alternator conversion, but eventually you will get one that last a year or so.

Yes it would cause the car to idle like crap. Mine just took a sh*t so I'm ordering a 120amp rebuilt one from Douglas Autoworks. I found a spare to throw on there in the mean time.

4doorboost

yeah this was my first one and its lasted about months but its also summer and its pretty hot outside. ill try another one tonight and hopefully i get a better one. i make sure they test it before i take it home ha and at least they arent very difficult to install

rag3

If it not a bad ground or blown fuse it could also be the alternator or starter having a bad connection. But the Saturn alternator is a good preventative measure.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts