The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

New Owner - 19/2000

IanM

Good Afternoon,

My name is Ian, I'm from Eastern Ontario.

I picked up this VR4 on Friday and have had a smile ever since.

I replaced the leather seats in the back yesterday with a fresh set. I love working on a rust-free car. My Plymouth Laser was a Canadian Car since day one and it showed- Really bad.

Anyway, Here she is, and I hope to contribute to the community in what little ways I can.

Thanks!

IMG_0450.jpg

IMG_0449.jpg

Nartanian

Welcome! Looks very nice! Is it stock?

Last edited:

Ian M

Wow,when I first logged in I saw this post on the main screen and thought for a second "WTF-I haven't posted anything?" Our screen names are VERY similar! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Nice car. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Last edited:

RedTwo

I think the two of you should have a scavenger hunt to determine which of you wins the right to be 'Ian' /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Is it common for people to retain the show room window hanger? Hard to imagine anyone keeping that sort of stuff for a boxy Japanese 'eco box'.

IanM

Well, I've always went with whoever had it first rule. I was born in '87. So I usually lost.

My plans are typical, but anyone who knows anything about plans is they usually never survive the first obstacle.
I'd like to ditch the manual belts, but at the same time, it keeps me from wearing them all the time.

I've replaced the torn seats, old busted gear shift and sanded and painted the wiper-arms and windshield channel.

Its completely stock except for a 4 bolt LSD rear and front/rear Whiteline sway bars. Oh, and a 3-inch Exhaust.

I came over from the T/E/L side and never had the most luck with them. This VR4 has 168XXX miles, so that's the most mileage I've had on anything.
I've been looking at short blocks and longblocks on the classifieds on Talk, Tuners and of course GVR4.org. FP has their 3176HTA package for a pretty good price, but I think there are bigger things I should be looking at. I love a clean engine bay, and hate hack jobs. That being said, the man who I bought this VR4, kept on it, and it shows.

Later /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

GSX_TC

Let's get some more pics of her

Ian M

Quote:
I think the two of you should have a scavenger hunt to determine which of you wins the right to be 'Ian'

I'm not sure what exactly you mean by that,and I'm not sure I want you to clarify.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Quote:
Well, I've always went with whoever had it first rule. I was born in '87. So I usually lost.

Well,you lost again-I was in middle school in '87. Not sure that makes me a "winner",but it certainly does make me old. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

Last edited:

IanM

Here are some more snapshots;

Here are the old seats, torn on both sides of the headrests.
IMG_0840.jpg

It's very easy to replace, just the typical 3 sockets and some tabs to lift up and your in business.

Here's the new set.
IMG_0837.jpg

(I hate how my place looks like a car lot- I bet a lot of you get that)

IMG_0836.jpg

This is the box of spares I got with the car, Oh, and I almost forgot- There was one of those JDM Badges for the grill, I just pulled back the tabs and fit in on the existing grill.

IMG_0447.jpg

...And last one, at home /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

IMG_0445.jpg

I've been talking to some of the forum members, I hope to pick up some things before my leave is over.

Later!

Last edited:

GSX_TC

She's Puuurty, can we see an engine bay shot too? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

IanM

Hello again,

I'm back with a few more pics;

IMG_0860.jpg

IMG_0861.jpg

Also, I have this piece- How rare is it? I know of the "AMG Tuned" model overseas... But the chances of having the spark plug over here must be pretty low.

IMG_0859.jpg

Oh, and what the heck is this? I know DSM ECUs aren't like this, is this just a GVR4 model?

IMG_0857.jpg

Later!
Ian

GSX_TC

Nice, do you have Cusco Coilovers? and that looks like a JDM ECU. Nice Whiteline strut bar

Romanova

There are a few AMG plug covers on this side of the pond. I won one off Yahoo.co.jp auctions about 7 years ago /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

IanM

KYB AGX Adjustables.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Whiteline on Front, Rear and Swaybar and I have WL Caster polyurethane mounts on the shelf /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

JDM ECU? Whats the diff?

I might be taking a road trip tomorrow State-side, unfortunately I'll be driving my Wrangler(TJ)- I hope to be picking up some things for the VR4.

For kicks, here she is.

06945ge_20.jpg

Worst gas mileage.... Ever.
16L/100km /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

Again, any ideas for the JDM ECU?

RedTwo

It's an older dual board ECU (as opposed to the newer single board ECU) but it's not JDM, at least not as far as ASA is concerned.
A quick internet search for MD131843 says it's from a 2.0 FWD Federal USA Galant.

Do the USA FWD Galants have knock sensors? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

GSX_TC

dang i was wrong...

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned