The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ignition coils

I beeen wondering were does everybody get their independent ignition coils.. Is there a car that has the that bolt up to the galant? Any body knows? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

Diego

1. Either buy a already assembled C.O.P set-up
2. Buy a plate, individual coils ( intrepid,300c etc ) and splice into your stock ignition and wire,solder,shrink-wrap
3. Not even bother about the "cool-ness" factor and stay with your stock ignition.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Diego

Are you planning on high boost applications? Trying to build a TRACK-STAR?

2 examples come to mind for me.

Galant1517... (Justin) look over his build thread he just completed....
He runs high application boost and he runs stock ignition ( Im sure he would run COP but we had a talk about that the other day )

Galantvr4559... (Bryan) runs almost the same identical setup except he has COP ... and Justin runs the FP Green, and Bryan runs a BB turbo...

Both run 21psi....

Im sure if we lined them both up, Justin would take him all day.

boostx

Quoting Oreo:
I beeen wondering were does everybody get their independent ignition coils.. Is there a car that has the that bolt up to the galant? Any body knows? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

If you want i can make you one.Send me a PM if interested.

Diego

Quoting Boostx:
Quoting Oreo:

If you want i can make you one.Send me a PM if interested.

Price?

boostx

Sent you a PM.

Galantvr4559

Diego I dont believe stock ignition vs. cop set up has anything to do with why just would be faster. Its a combo of better intake and exhaust. And on top of all that I am running with stock clutch and slipping alot. We'll have to line em up when I get a clutch.

Diego

Yes we shall, and us too, as Im just curious as to where I should stand against both of you.

Oh and further more... wanna come bleed my clutch with me tomorrow... I got a new Optima yesterday. So its bleed the clutch and hope its all good in the trans... if not I need to pull it out.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned