The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Fog lights not working? How to ground h3 bulb?

cupajoe

Foglights have not worked since I pulled the bumper. I double checked that they were plugged in, swapped out one of the bulbs, and replaced the relay. Is there a fuse somewhere I don't know of? I also pulled the plug and checked the connector and looks like it fried(pic included), so I snipped it and put another plug on it and still no go. What do I do now?

Thanks, Joe

Last edited:

Brunoboy

Add a relay and wire to another switch or to your parking/headlights.

14u2nV

Did they work before you pulled the bumper? Are you sure you didn't pinch the wires going to the lights between the bumper and frame?

cupajoe

Yes they did work before I pulled the bumper thats why its bothering me. Don't think the wires got pinched inbetween but guess I'll just need to pull it and check.

cupajoe

How do I go about testing continuity of the wires? Where do I start? Using a voltmeter, would I put one of the prongs on the connector then the other to a ground and see if the value changes when I flip the switch? I'm unsure what setting to use on the meter and what kind of values I'm looking for so any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

cupajoe

IS this common at all? Because I didn't mess with any wiring to the fog lights. Only thing I did was unplug the foglights when I pulled the bumper.

cupajoe

Nobody else has had this happen?

cupajoe

I tested the wires and im getting 12 volts so it must be a grounding issue. Inoticed there is a ground wire with the power wire for the foglight, but never noticed it being hooked up. How do I ground the h3 bulb?

cupajoe

Solved. Turns out the ground wires slipped off the housing.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts