The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

engine harness

mpt72

Does anyone make a "new" engine/wiring harness for the gvr4? After doing the engine and trans swap on 72/2000, i have come to realize that the P.O. hacked the life out of it. Im not the best when it comes to wiring or electronics for that matter, hence my asking for a new harness. Time really isn't an issue, as my gvr4 sits on stands. Input/ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Struc

Nobody makes them new that I'm aware of, and I'd guess OEM is probably priced insane.

Time to learn to solder and shrink wrap! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Alternatively, watch for people parting out their cars, and they will sometimes have a good wiring harness for sale.

Last edited:

mpt72

I might buy one. On the other hand, I'm seriously considering making my own with the intention of tucking the harness for a cleaner look. This weekend I'll try to take some pics and post them so everyone can see how much of a project I have on my hands. This is going to be a big favor to ask, but if someone could post each plug with a part number? That way at least I can purchase all new plugs and get this project headed in the right direction.

rag3

I know there are guys who make harnesses on eBay that aren't too expensive. I can get back to you on that.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts