The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

rear bumper question

Will any other rear bumper fit the galant vr4? I love the jdm bumper, but do not love the cost of shipping. Maybe a mirage bumper? It looks nicer than the "buffy the body" bumper the usdm vr4 has...any info will be greatly appreciated
Jonathan

creeping_death

Here I refer you to this...https://www.galantvr4.org/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Board=UBB3&Number=1004521&page=0&fpart=1

Last edited:

Diego

Please use the search feature... I won't ride your ass but others might, and even more won't help, if you don't put in effort to look then people won't put in effort to help.

Here is what your looking for. click

That is a shortened front bumper. I will just use "google images" till something pops up. Thx though.

AnotherNewb

Your only choices are jdm and modded usdm. Your beating a dead horse here. There was a galant with a modified aftermarket honda bumper but it looked aweful. No one makes a bumper for us.

Why not try a Evo bumper, I've seen heaps of evo 3/4 front bumpers and they look good (on some, depends how they are done), you might get away with the rear /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif infact why not be different and use front and rear bumpers? Just an idea

Quote:
Maybe post a picture of an Evo REAR bumper?

Couldn't find one yesterday.

Judging by the fit of the front bumper the rear would be about the same width and it seems a similar shape to the JDM vr4. I think it COULD be a viable alternative to the jdm.

Maybe someone here has tried it in the past?

Diego

Would it matter (under carriage-wise) that the exhaust comes out the left side and not the right?

Boost4U

Fuel tank is in the way of a left side exhaust.

stealthtt24

Quoting Justin_Cosgrove:
Quote:
Maybe post a picture of an Evo REAR bumper?

Couldn't find one yesterday.

Judging by the fit of the front bumper the rear would be about the same width and it seems a similar shape to the JDM vr4. I think it COULD be a viable alternative to the jdm.

Maybe someone here has tried it in the past?

Like you said, looks a lot like my jdm rear bumper.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts