The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

ecu on the fritz

yeti

So for the past few days out of nowhere my car stalls and wont restart the problem gets fixed if I reset Ecu (unplugging battery) and also if I don't reset battery I can't connect on dsmlink it says failed to found connection....my ecu doesent smell like rotten seafood

Just wondering if anyone else has had this problem....

fuel

pull the cover and check the caps for leakage and any signs of damage to the circuit board. I had an RVR (Expo LRV/Summit LS) which would click off the fuel relay once started, and it was due to the ECU at fault because of leaky capacitors. Unfortunately the board was too far damaged and patching up the destroyed circuit tracks didn't work.

yeti

It looks like there some oily greenish brown liquid coming out of where the capacitor is soldered to the board

Now it comes to when I go to start the car all the relays go apeshit and flick on andoff non stop, It happend when I was leaving MOD I had to reset the ecu
5 times for the relays to stop clicking just to get the car started.

Last edited:

Barnes

Does it smell like rotten eggs/fish if you put your nose right up to those capacitors? If so, all signs point to leaky caps. In which case you need a new ECU.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts