The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

Why is this wire cut?

VR_IV_MR

I went to go take a look at my clutch pedal assembly and noticed this wire that was cut. What is this for? Its one of the two wires coming out of the white thingy in the picture.

Barnes

Is that the top clutch switch? Or the bottom clutch switch?

It is either cut because someone wanted to disable the clutch switch for starting without depressing the clutch pedal, OR it was cut to splice in a wire that would lead to the ECU (or some other device) to enable a two-step rev limited or other rev control device.

gtluke

Looks like it used to be soldered so it probably went to a 2 step at some point (stock modified ECU).
If it's the top clutch switch it pretty much just deactivates the cruise control IIRC, bottom switch is for starting. I think if that were the bottom switch your car wouldn't start /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

VR_IV_MR

Oh this is probably the clutch cut wire for dsmlink, i remember now. Going to check later

turbowop

If you want to disable that switch, you can just unplug that connector, so most likely that particular wire was cut for a stutterbox launch setup.

VR_IV_MR

The PO had a keydiver chip idk if that has that feature or not but that would be my guess. should i reconnect these wires?

Brunoboy

That was for the 2 step no second thoughts about it. I'd reconnect it if you don't have ecmlink of a chip for 2step....

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts