The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

i just took my first ECMlink log

mikus

... and can't tell you much from it, but it's gratifying to start moving past maintenance/parked and into a daily driver. yea that's all, just had to tell someone and the wife does not care.

Wideband goes in this weekend, and switch from maft to SD soon.

dewman

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif They never do... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif

What all did you log?

mikus

... a bunch of lines /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dunno.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

yea whatever it defaults to, on a couple pulls. I was just screwing around, the car is a side project for me.

For the record the wife cared about my pretty vr4. This one's pretty wookie.

vtecds1

Will be logging mine also for the first time hopefully by Sunday. I have no clue what the hell I`m doing, so I have to read up quick so that I can at least drive up to the mall and pick up some cougars...

Dark_Horse

There are a few variables that it's helpful to log. At a minimum, I'd log the following:

Combined fuel trim
Throttle Position
Timing
RPM
Injector duty cycle
Coolant temp
Airflow per rev
Knock
O2 volts
Open loop
Closed loop
Idle switch
MAF Raw

Last edited:

beaner

I feel like I watched these vids 20x. They literally spoon feed you how to do the basics.

click

Make certain you have no boost leaks and your CAS is adjusted correct. Adjust your TPS correctly with link before even turning the key. Capture your ISCposition so we can adjust that and the BISS to where it should be.

Post a log and I'll help my best.

rgeier11

I'm still rocking version 2.0

Is it worth the upgrade for the 3.0? I see all the new features, but do you actually use them?

Dark_Horse

Worth the $195 to upgrade to V3? Definitely. I wasn't sure whether it was worth it either, but I decided to give it a try. After I got over the initial learning curve, there's no way in hell I'd go back to V2.0 again.

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned