The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

engine swaps ...

Can u swap the 2.5 twin turbo v6 in to a 90 gvr4 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif?i

524of1000

Sure. Anything is possible with the right amount of knowledge, equipment and money. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

belize1334

Our engine bays are a bit shorter than those of 1G/2G so it's tough to fit anything bigger than a 4G. I saw a thread on Tuners a while back where a guy swapped in the v6 from a 3000gt and it was EXTREMELY tight against the firewall with the twin turbos. Moving to a single front mounted turbo might help. It CAN be done in the sense that a skilled fabricator can do just about anything, but it's not really feasible in most cases. But, one of the biggest cons to the idea is that there isn't a lightweight v6 out there to compete with the durability and power potential of a 4g. Particularly given the relative ease of a 2.4L stroker. It's not like toyota where the v6 from a Tacoma is just as tough and weighs the same as the 3sgte. Even if you make it work you're getting marginal performance at the cost of a less reliable and significantly heavier engine.

boostedinaz

Quoting belize1334:
a skilled fabricator can do just about anything

VERY true. Now he just has to come up with the money to pay for said skills.

2of9

subscribed! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/applause.gif

not without a ton of work. any swap and your pretty much going to have to eliminate the AWD and AWS components. the amount of money/time/work you would have into it, it would be more fiesable to purchase an evo or something. ive done a few one of a kind swaps, and its more of a pain than anything. IMHO

RedTwo

I've got a 6A13TT engine driving the rear wheels of my car and an Evo XVI (Evo 10 and Evo 6 motors running in a boxer cofiguration) motor running the front left wheel.
It was really easy to do.
Made me so hellaflushkenblockdriftepicfailfacebook that I can't drive down a city block without a dozen smoking hot women throwing themselves at my crotch

True story, bro.

524of1000

Quoting RedTwo:
I've got a 6A13TT engine driving the rear wheels of my car and an Evo XVI (Evo 10 and Evo 6 motors running in a boxer cofiguration) motor running the front left wheel.
It was really easy to do.
Made me so hellaflushkenblockdriftepicfailfacebook that I can't drive down a city block without a dozen smoking hot women throwing themselves at my crotch

True story, bro.

I SEEN IT! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/worthy.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rofl.gif

GSX_TC

Lol WTF? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/uhh.gif

Terrance362

Welcome to your own bash session. If you truley love your vr4 please dont hack it and put a 6a12tt in it. Self contol buddy. Why not a 2.4 build big turbo. There simple done.....done.....and done.

EgonOlsen

If you want something not done, buy a roller and install 4 sets of pedals.
a case of red bull in the back instead of nitro.
Beats the economy button every time.

DR1665

ISWYDT /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hsugh.gif

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned