The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

All Mitsu Cookout -- Sunday, August 28th, 2011 -- Rogers, MN

Curt

cookout11-sig.jpg

Planning has begun on the 2011 All Mitsubishi Cookout and Car Show. This year's event is on Sunday, August 28th, 2011. The event will run from 11am to 4pm at the Rogers Middle School in Rogers, MN. And once again we have our two main sponsors back, Brookdale Mitsubishi and Modern Automotive Performance.

The All Mitsu Cookout is an afternoon filled with some great Mitsubishis on display. It is both a car show and a huge BBQ. Plus we give away some cool prizes and trophies. We are hoping to have another great turnout.

The page to sign up and check out all the other details is at: click

Thanks,
Curt

jcgalntvr4-244

Im going to this this year and Im bringing the JDM galant VR4. I have been wanting to go to this for the last 3 years... My cousin lives in Min. now so Im coming this year.

JC

Last edited:

Terry Posten

Hmmmm, may have to do another epic GVR4 cruise with the DM boys.

I'm down the Iowa people that are going should meet up and cruise there together

Curt

You could make it a fun road trip if you guys met up in Iowa and cruised up here. It wouldn't be that long of a drive either.

jcgalntvr4-244

Im going to be heading up the friday night before And Im hoping Terry Posten is able to tag along. I have family that lives in Maple Grove now so I want to spend the weekend up there.

JC

2of9

I should be there...not sure if the Galant will be though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But, every year it's always fun and I had an awesome time last year.

DR1665

One of the years, I'm going to skip the Shootout and attend this. Life's too short to only relive the same experiences over and over.

Besides, Curt's a helluva guy. :thumbsup

Curt

Hey Brian,

Just take a week off and hit up the Shootout and then on your way home, hit up the Cookout. Make sense to me. ;-)

later,
Curt

DR1665

I've thought about something like that, Curt. 2012 is the 20th anniversary of the Shootout. I've never driven. It might be in the plans, but I also have limited PTO during the year, and I'm already making plans for Pike's Peak, Germany, and Chile that year, so it would be a stretch.

Nartanian

Quoting 2of9:
I should be there...not sure if the Galant will be though /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif

But, every year it's always fun and I had an awesome time last year.

I'm gonna be there granted I don't break anything. Why no Galant?

Curt

Hey everyone,

Things are coming along good for the Cookout. I have the sign up sheet updated. We have 30 cars signed up so far. The current list is at:
click

If you are planning on coming to the All Mitsu Cookout, make sure to sign up here:
click

Thanks,
Curt

Terry Posten

Ok, I signed up. I will be there with my wife and my GVR4 unless something happens, otherwise I may come in the 2009 Lancer Ralliart or even my 2010 Outlanter GT. It really depends on the forecasted weather. The GVR4 really never sees water unless it is from the hose and a wash bucket.

One way or the other, it will be a Mitsu because that is all I own.

Will there be a place to wash and detail the car before the event? Any local volunteers to loan out their driveway and hose?

Curt

Hey Terry,

There are a few manual car washes around. None in Rogers unfortunately. Here is a link to one nearby:
click

Are you planning on staying in a hotel nearby? If there is enough interest I may try and get a discount at the Hampton Inn in Rogers.

later,
Curt

Curt

Hey everyone,

Just updated the sign up list. We've got 52 cars signed up already. Looking good.

If you need to get pumped up for this event, just surf on over and watch the video from last year:
click

Also, I have the flyer created. It is at:
click

I'd really like us to set a new record for Mitsus there. The record is 166 cars. So make sure to tell your friends and give out some flyers where ever you can.

later,
Curt

Terry Posten

Quoting Curt:
Hey Terry,

There are a few manual car washes around. None in Rogers unfortunately. Here is a link to one nearby:
click

Are you planning on staying in a hotel nearby? If there is enough interest I may try and get a discount at the Hampton Inn in Rogers.

later,
Curt

I will most likely be staying at the Marriot Courtyard a few miles down the road as I have points to use up.

jcgalntvr4-244

Car is almost done im keeping my fingers crossed I am really wanting to do this event this year!.

Curt

Hey everyone,

We have 57 people signed up for the Cookout so far:
click

This year we have our two main sponsors back with Modern Automotive Performance and Brookdale Mitsubishi. And new this year is an associate sponsor Midwest Turbo Connection. All of them are great businesses and they really help make the All Mitsu Cookout affordable. Here are links to them:

MAP: click
Brookdale Mitsu: click
Midwest Turbo Connection: click

Thanks,
Curt

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts