The Top Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 Resource

Join the best E39A 1991-1992 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4 community and document your GVR4 journey.

• Software Upgraded - Reset Your Password to Login
    In order to log in after the forum software change, you need to reset your password. If you don't have access to the email address you used to register your GVR4.org account, you won't be able to reset your password. In that case, follow the instructions here to regain access to the forum.

3rd annual Three Speed Valley Forge GT 10-21-06

number3

More details to come but set the day aside now.

October 21, 2006 (rain date will be the 28th)

12:30 pm

Directions

We will meet at Varnum's Picnic area.

Last edited:

The wife and I have a wedding in VA to attend on that day. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif Unless it rains, we'll miss it this year. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bawling.gif My car is actually ready to go this year too. I hope you have a really good turn out as usual.

-Josh

atc250r

Staff member
I just checked the schedule, I'm in!!

John

steve

I've planted the seed and it made the calendar. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif Should be there with my son.

number3

We had a large number of Galants show up in the years past. This number does not include the TEL or daily drivers that show instead when their Galant VR4 couldn’t make the trip. This meet draws people from 10 states, and counting.

We will be holding a raffle again this year.

All the money raised is for charity, Three Speed pays for the food, permits, etc.

TRE donated a rebuilt transmission to help us raise well over $1,000.00 last year Katrina Relief last year. We bought much need materials and gave to a neighbor who hand delivered to the people in need so we know all the money went right to who needed it.

Because I know as the tight knitted family that we are we want to break two records this year. The first we want to have 40+ Galant VR4 show up and we want to raise more than $1,200.00 this year.

I am going to ask for a donation of at least $40.00 and that will get you lunch and 1 ticket. Tickets will be $5.00 each if you want more.

So far... (I just started begging today)

This year TRE has donaated a Stage 2 rebuilt worth $1,200.00!
Bushur Racing has donated some T shirts.

Last edited:

number3

From Jon at TRE...

I have added additional services to the site and we now build some Mazda, Subaru and Toyota transmissions.

Have a good weekend and let the GVR-4 guys know that I have a sweet special on the 1st Gen EXCHANGE transmissions.

On sale!

AND the NEW transmissions as well.

On sale!

Guys tell a friend.

atc250r

Staff member
Harry,

If there is anything I can do to help let me know. I can come down a little early and help you set up if you need me to.

John

He might John, I had told him I would help and then he went and set the date for the weekend that I can't make. I'll be there only if it is delayed by rain.

Mondo, you taking your (relativly) newly aquired Galant this year?

-Josh

Ian M

Quote:
I am going to ask for a donation of at least $40.00 and that will get you lunch and 1 ticket. Tickets will be $5.00 each if you want more.

Not to sound like the raffle is the only reason to go (Lets be honest though, it is a motivator to drive 3 1/2 hours..) ,but didn't $20 get you five or six raffle tickets in past GTs?

Adding $40 to the gas and other expected and unexpected expenses for the trip there makes for a expensive day! It seems you should get more than one shot at the raffle.

I don't want to sound like a ungracious dick...Yes I know it's a good cause. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Last edited:

number3

Yes but the everyone still get the same chance. If everyone has 6 tickets, 60 tickets, or 1 ticket the odds are the same, right?

I know some people don't like change but I am doing I am doing the best I can.

I am also thinking setup a trip to the local 9 turn 1/3 mile Go Kart track. If I get enough interest the track could be rented out just for our group.

Is that ok?

number3

I really don't see the difference so everyone will get five tickets, not one.

Ian M

I agree with the odds of winning a certain item, but with five tickets,you have the potential to win five different things (assuming there is as much cool stuff in the raffle as there usually is..)instead of just one. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

I know it sounds really silly,but I know I'm not the only person who was wondering-so I figured I'd be the one who asked. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I like the Go-Kart Idea.

Last edited:

atc250r

Staff member
The problem with that is that while you're busy winning 5 things someone else could be winning none. IMHO once you win something you should be out except for the grand prize. Maybe a seperate "bucket" that would hold tickets for just the big prize?

John

Support Vendors who Support the GVR-4 Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Recent Forum Posts